Close

3D Printed Electric Ukulele By Voxel8 Designer

Juan Carlos Noguera, and industrial designer and maker who now works for Voxel8, recently created an impressive and fully functional musical instrument. Designed to appeal to the maker's spirit as well as, ultimately, the ear, Noguera's 3D printed electric ukulele, the "Nuke," has its own mini website, complete with downloadable files and full step-by-step directions so anyone can make their own Nuke using a printer with a bed as small as 6" x 6". Check out more details, and a video of the Nuke being played, in the full story: http://3dprint.com/63412/3d-printed-electric-ukulele/

Below is a photo of the Nuke Ukulele:

Doesn't stay in tune

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Juan Carlos Noguera, and industrial designer and maker who now works for Voxel8, recently created an impressive and fully functional musical instrument. Designed to appeal to the maker's spirit as well as, ultimately, the ear, Noguera's 3D printed electric ukulele, the "Nuke," has its own mini website, complete with downloadable files and full step-by-step directions so anyone can make their own Nuke using a printer with a bed as small as 6" x 6". Check out more details, and a video of the Nuke being played, in the full story: http://3dprint.com/63412/3d-printed-electric-ukulele/

Below is a photo of the Nuke Ukulele:

I have printed and constructed one of these ukuleles but it will not stay in tune when I play it. Does anyone have some advice on what I can do? Thanks.

Senior Engineer
    That is one huge question and that is before you get to the ins and outs of plastic expansion coefficients.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    I think ukuleles have trouble staying in tune in general.