Close

Portlanders 3D Print a Life Sized Cow

A Portland Oregon 3D printing group called PDX 3D Printing Lab teamed up with a local Steakhouse called Urban Farm to create a life sized 3D printed cow that will be installed in the window of their restaurant. The CrowdCow, as the group calls it, is made up of 99 individual 3D printed parts and will be part of an installation showcasing the various cuts of meat taken from cows. You can find out more on this story and how you can meet this 3D printed cow here: http://3dprint.com/63136/3d-printed-cow-portland/

Below is a picture of the giant cow. What do you think?

Shashi here from the Portland 3D Printing Lab meetup. Thanks for the shout out! The restaurant is actually called Urban Farmer. They're quite progressive, with aquaponics installs, beehives, interactive displays, and now.. a 3D printed cow

Banned
    Hey Shashi. I may be visiting Portland in July. I'll try and pay a visit. Any plans for other 3D Prints? What got you guys into 3D Printing? How did you hear about it?

Awesome- look us up and send me a note at the Meetup. We're taking a break, but might revisiting crowdprinting later in the year. I've been following the 3D printing industry since about 1998 and I jumped into desktop 3dp about 2 years ago to learn. What keeps me going is printing hands for enablingthefuture.org