Close

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Student
    OK, I think I misunderstood you at first but thinking about it now, (and having a glass of wine helped) I might have some answers.

I didn't take that bottom brace off, but I did, manually, move the whole head assembly up, out of the way. I just turned by hand the brass bits on top of the motors until I had clearance for the big metal box to go through the uprights.
    Once it was all screwed together, I put a level on the bed, then on the top chrome bar that the head assembly moves on. I manually turned one side or the other to get those bars horizontal. Then I leveled the bed, then I did the head leveling again. As I said in the last post, all in all in took about 15 minutes to get it all done, and I do a bed level every morning before I set the machine to work.

Engineer-in-Training
    You can print little supports for that job. Just set them under the bars and manually turn them until they are both touching.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnmkr View Post
    I am sorry to hear you have these problems. Was there any damage to the shipping box?

I never had to touch the rails at all.
    I did not have to remove the bottom brace and I did only have to put in the supplied screws. Everything was tight and straight, with no rocking. .......Who did you buy it from?
    Thera was no real damage to the box other than a couple scrapes. As for the need to remove the bottom bar, the host of Maker's Muse had to do the same thing in his "unboxing and first test" video of the PLUS. I thought his frustration was funny because I had the same issue. I tried to attach pics, but its not working on my phone for some reason.

I bought it directly form Wanhaousa.

---------------------
    Update
    -----------------------

I was able to straighten everything out and get the bottom brace back on. 5 of the frame screws were not very tight. All seems good. I leved the X rails and, homed all, and set the z hieght near the .1mm as per the manual. So far so good.

When I successfully print a small PLA model, I'll seek what I need to do for TPU, as that is what I will be using mostly.
    Last edited by metoo; 07-29-2016 at 10:30 AM.

The i3 PLUS comes with a single 1-1/4 inch long piece of 4mm x 2mm PTFE tube, but doenst mention what to do with it. What do I do with it? Is it to be cut an place between the extruser gear and hot end to help with printing with flexible filament? Is it for a guide into the top of the extruder?

Student
    I would have to say that it could be a spare piece. I have one in the parts bag as well.

Perhaps someone could explain if the machine would print without that piece in place. I really don't know.

I know for sure that it is not a requirement. Ive been printing fine without it. On that note...LOVE this printer? Leagues better than my old Davinci 1.0a. I would attach a pic of my PLA and PETG prints, but I cant seem to do that from my phone.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo View Post
    I know for sure that it is not a requirement. Ive been printing fine without it. On that note...LOVE this printer? Leagues better than my old Davinci 1.0a.

Yes, I like mine a bunch as well ... it seems to be like the energizer bunny ... just keeps on going.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    guessing it's a spare tube.
    there should be one inside the extruder, at least that's the way my creators extruders are setup.

Wanhao is from Wenzhou China, right?

Student
    They are apparently about 250km from Wenzhou ... This is the address on their website ... No.77, West Renming Road, Jinhua, Zhejiang, China

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast