Close

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    A few pages back people have posted "home made" upgrade kits. Where they put on an extra fan to cool down the material more evenly and faster. So first you print a holder for the fan, then install that extra fan. But I wonder how do people wire it...

You sure it's an extra fan? Because a lot of those are just putting a better designed vent on the existing fan, OR replacing the existing fan with another, not adding an additional fan.

Its been a long day at work I guess... Now I see that people simply upgrade their fans with a self made vent. But Ive also seen people changing the fan to a more powerful and bigger one (50mm) or installing a blower instead. I am also a bit worried about the vibration which seems to be a problem for some folks. But we'll see. I am picking up mine tomorrow (V2).
    So Ill post later this weekend and tell how it works.
    Thanks for all the info, btw!

So! Finally! I have got my I3 V2 a few days ago, been busy so have not had time to print a lot but here are some prints:
    This came on the SD card. Came out pretty well. Hard to see since it reflects some light here, but overall I was pleased.
    U3yeICywigI.jpg

Second print:

(sorry for the size). Its a MOLLE holder for the hose for my Camelback. Worked out great.

Third model:

A Picatinny rail mount for a GoPro. Pretty ok, even though the bottom is a little bit meh...

Ill make one more post for the last one, since it came out bad in my opinion....

Now, here I had an issue. I tried to print this model:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:968669
    I used Cura, 80% infill, 35mm speed, 195 deg.C, support and everything.... 0.2mm/layer.

And it came out terrible.
    The red circle is around "support"... I guess it was ok. But the "green circle" is just sad... that was the lower side where the support was made. It came out very uneven and looks shit... The blue circles are some other places where the finish is pretty sad. And I am not sure what I did wrong...
    Any good thoughts?
    bad.jpg

I don't think you did anything wrong, to stop that from happening you have a few choices. Get that fan blowing at 100%, With my duplicator and a 40mm fan on the extruder tip I can print rather small items and cool them well enough to prevent fails. The stock fan I can't speak of, mine never worked. I also printed a blower from thingiverse to use over the stock one. The other option is to slow down your print speed with Minimal layer time, that will slow down the speed of the printer to reach that set time. Or you can enable Cool lift head in expert settings. That will move the extruder away from the print and allow it to cool.

Hope that helps!

Maybe...
    I had a problem with feeding as well. So I figured that the nozzle (MK10 or whatever it is) was clogged. So I took it all apart and yepp..it was clogged. So I cleaned it up to the best of my ability and put it all together. The problem was that I accidentally connected the fan contact in the wrong way so I shorted it Maybe just as good so I will buy a better one. Or a blower that everyone speaks of.
    And here is my question - on the fan it says 12V-1.1W - If I buy a new one - can I get a stronger one with more effect (Watt)? Or does it have to be exactly the same?

I'm not 100% but I have been running a 50mm on the cooler for a week now with no problems. Getting some nice results bridging with it too. Just a regular 50 not a blower type. I think jetguy said something to the effect of the board being capable of handling more fans. I have two noctua's 40mm fans coming, I have been threw 3 fans already. The radio shack 40mm I got is a nice fan, but it suffered the wrath of my thumb.

Hm...interesting. Another stupid question - what size do you measure? I mean I just looked at my fan and its 30mm on "sides" and is 40mm diagonally... so is it 40mm or 30m fan?
    Where do you use your 50mm and what power do you have on the 40mm that you ordered?
    Can you maybe give me the link to that fan? And also to the "blower" you printed?

PS
    Damn... Ive spent a good 3 hours yesterday disassembling the feeder, extruder, and trying to fix the fan. But on the bright side - now I know how the sh*t works. Which is actually pretty simple... I thought there would be more to it when it came to the feeder.

PPS
    Just googled it. So fan is measured from side to side. Which means that I have a 30mm fan (the one on front, blowing onto the hotend).

PPPS
    So I think Ima buy this one:
    http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...=AK-160%20BL-S
    It has a nice Blue LED so its gonna look nice. 5000 RPM - good enough?
    Last edited by Barbarus; 02-23-2016 at 03:20 AM.

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarus View Post
    Hm...interesting. Another stupid question - what size do you measure? I mean I just looked at my fan and its 30mm on "sides" and is 40mm diagonally... so is it 40mm or 30m fan?
    You measure the "sides" for a fan. I think diagonal is used mostly just for TVs.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast