Close

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Oh, you mean you just changed the settings, not reflash the firmware itself.

Yes, I open "Firmware EEPROM Configuration" and change the settings.

I'm having a lot of trouble with clogging now. The filament is clogging the PTFE tube above the hot end in conditions which have been working fine up until now. I have printed 1300 m of filament now. The tube is deformed and brown on one half, but I ran a 2mm drill through it and it works for a while. This time I flipped it around. Will it print like new again if I replace the tube completely? It's frustrating. Maybe I should make an all metal hot end.

I decided to try making one. Stainless and aluminum, like the Swiss hotend. Only the nozzle left to make now.

It works. It's so much easier to manually push filament through this hot end. It's been printing for a few minutes now, and even holds the temperature with the DiiiCooler on full blast. I'm stoked. I hope it lasts.

I had lots of trouble with the metal hot end once I installed a powerful fan. Turns out I need a much shorter retract setting, probably due to an effective heat break. I can actually print without the extruder fan running and it doesn't overheat. It's great now. Haven't tried higher than 120 mm/s, but it copes with that just fine.

I designed a new fan duct yesterday which mounts everything behind the X-axis, and is very effective. Check it out:http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1090433

Wanhao does not accept return.

Well.. I would not buy any Wanhao printer.
    They don't accept return by their policy even though the printer is defective:
    https://checkout.shopify.com/2997809...s/1122813.html

Just to cite it in the policy "RETURNS/REFUNDS: Although we offer a 3 year warranty, there are no refunds or returns on any items purchased through www.wanhaousa.com unless it is due to a shipping/delivery related issue."
    They say warranty, but they don't respond after they sell.
    Don't buy a Wanhao. You will 100% regret.

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Dear All USA Customer,

WANHAO has decided to stop the distributorship of WANHAOUSA since 29th Oct 2015. And WANHAO no longer supply WANHAOUSA.

Any products from WANHAOUSA after 29th Oct 2015 is not original WANHAO products.

Sincerely,

WANHAO Management Delegation
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...3d/zIbulO2O-jc

Oh man - I am a noob to 3d printers and researching what is within my budget. I was seriously looking at this one. Good thing I held off on getting this!

The Wanhao i3 works fine right out of the box, but with some tinkering it becomes a fantastic printer, so for the money it's a good deal. I'm printing at 90 mm/s with a metal hot end, and have printed for ten hours a day on average since september fifth.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast