Close

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    answer is simple - don't buy it from wanhaousa.

Doesn't make the printer any less of a bargain.

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    answer is simple - don't buy it from wanhaousa.

Doesn't make the printer any less of a bargain.
    This^

People should understand that despite the name, WanhaoUSA is not owned by Wanhao. They are(were) just a distributor. Wanhao (China) still offers a good value for many models as well as the I3 in the op.

WANHAOUSA is crap! I wish I had found this forum before. I placed mi order almost a month ago, and I haven't even received my so called FEDEX tracking number. The service sucks, as you said, they e-mail you back once a week or so. And as far as I've been able to see, there's only one person running that "bussines": Manny Figueira.
    No matter how good the prices seem, it's a web of lies. Don't buy anything from that site!

Quote Originally Posted by rbnn View Post
    WANHAOUSA is crap! I wish I had found this forum before. I placed mi order almost a month ago, and I haven't even received my so called FEDEX tracking number. The service sucks, as you said, they e-mail you back once a week or so. And as far as I've been able to see, there's only one person running that "bussines": Manny Figueira.
    No matter how good the prices seem, it's a web of lies. Don't buy anything from that site!
    Yeah, I wish I had known that they were not an official branch before I ordered.

Wanhao themselves make good printers, but they don't have any official branch anywhere outside of China. WanhaoUSA's name was pretty misleading, they have nothing to do with Wanhao themselves, and a few weeks ago Wanhao themselves officially claimed they are no longer considered a reliable redistributor.

Plenty of other reliable sites to purchase a Wanhao printer from.

Anyone buy from here? http://ultimate3dprintingstore.com/

Worst support ever = WanhaoUSA

Hello party people!
    I have just ordered a I3 V2, and will pick it up tomorrow. Super excited since its my first 3D printer. I ordered from a Swedish web site (since thats where I live).
    (web site: http://www.3dprima.com/en/ Paid ish 400 EUR)
    I have a question though... Ive seen some people here setting up what appears to be an extra fan close to the extruder. Why? What part are you trying to cool down? The plastic itself after it has been melted onto the "bed"? Will it still be as strong in question of "sticking" the next layer to the previous one if its cooled down that fast? Cause it feels like everyone is doing this and maybe I also need to fix it then?
    I am sorry for what may be a stupid question. But I am very new to this. (a classic noob thing to say, eh?)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yes a fan blowing on the print area is - in my opinion - essential.

It doesn't effect how the layers bond, but the quicker you can cool the hot plastic down, the fewer print issues you will have.
    Curves print better, overhangs and underhangs print better.

The plastic still come sout of the nozzle just as hot, it's only cooled after it's stuck to the bed or existing plastic.
    So - yep that's the first thing I would print if I were you :-)

Cheers mate! Hehe, looks like I already have my first project for the weekend then.
    So its normal 30mm Fan? I guess should be same voltage as the one that is already on there.... Can I just connect it parallel to the existing one? I mean, on the same "output", same pins and all? Or do I have to connect it to the electrical cabinet separately?

What extra fan are you talking about exactly? I know some people added a fan to the control box... but that was put into the production versions long ago, and lots of people have modified the nozzle cooling fan, but the printer still comes with one.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast