Close

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse

Need help with S3D and supports

For some reason, my supports are printing really crappy. They're not the solid structures they used to be. I'm afraid I may have changed something that did it, soooo...could someone dumb-down an explanation of the support settings? What I was trying to accomplish, was a feature I read somewhere that makes the support easier to remove by changing the density near the part...if that makes sense. The pic I included is how its printing; it just tears apart and doesn't separate from the part at all. Just makes a mess. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there a way to delete your post if no one answers?

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    For some reason, my supports are printing really crappy. They're not the solid structures they used to be. I'm afraid I may have changed something that did it, soooo...could someone dumb-down an explanation of the support settings? What I was trying to accomplish, was a feature I read somewhere that makes the support easier to remove by changing the density near the part...if that makes sense. The pic I included is how its printing; it just tears apart and doesn't separate from the part at all. Just makes a mess. Thanks!
    Could you post your support settings. I use S3d and I am not having this problem. The one thing you could do is trying ti reload the default for the printer in the process profile.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rforeman View Post
    Could you post your support settings. I use S3d and I am not having this problem. The one thing you could do is trying ti reload the default for the printer in the process profile.
    This should work. Reload the supplied settings by re selecting your printer from the drop down menu.

It did work. I reset the settings and now it prints the supports like it should. Thanks for the help guys.

Engineer
    When in doubt, just re-load your printer's setting's like they said. I tend to do it on most print's anyway's, just to make sure every setting is how I want it.