Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

Question Creator Pro & S3D "Uploading to SD Card"

Anyone getting this to work? I have port set and baud rate set 11500, which allows S3D to connect to the printer but.....

When I hit the "Upload to SD", the printer starts the heat-up process as if I wanted S3D to Print the item (I have not waited to see if it will actually print - don't want to print from computer) and the file never uploads to the SD card..

I would like to Upload to the SD card and then Print from SD card from inside S3D.

Is this possible?

Senior Engineer
    I don't specifically know but uploading to SD takes an age, it is not usable at all.

Buy a Flashair and use that.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Is this what you are talking about?

Senior Engineer
    yes

There are a couple of recent threads about how to do it. They are excellent, pretty perfect for the job you need.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    works fine - but it is a simulated serial connection - so it's not fast :-)
    But it does work without any problems on my basic creator.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    works fine - but it is a simulated serial connection - so it's not fast :-)
    But it does work without any problems on my basic creator.
    I can't get it to work correctly on my FFCP, do you mind sharing your settings?

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I can't get it to work correctly on my FFCP, do you mind sharing your settings?
    It doesn't work "properly" on anything, it just works. Transferring a file that way can take hours. If you think it isn't working then try a very small file, just a few bytes big and I bet it works, you are just expecting to be able to do it in a day and it may take longer than that. It really is of no use. Either print over USB (not recommended) or swap the SD card about or get a Flashair.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    as mj says there are no settings. If the printer is talking to s3d then it's correctly setup.

To put this into perspective 11500 is BITS - not bytes. so it's 1012 bits to a byte and 1012 bytes to a megabyte.
    And it has to do a check and verify for each byte sent - which is the serial part of the connection.
    Which is why it's so slow and why I can't figure out why modern devices like 3d printers still use the oldest and slowest communications protocol there is.

Senior Engineer
    the oldest and slowest communications protocol there is.
    It is wonderfully simple and does not give any problems. It is still used in loads of places transparently. It is only the likes of Bill Gates that don't want it as they can have no control over it therefore they can make no money from it.

I hate to be picky but......its 1024 not 1012.
    Thanks Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast