Close

Salt Water - Where do you get it?

I am curious. The salt water that is used in printing with the Peachy Printer; is it something you must get from somewhere, or is it a simple mixture you make at home using table salt and tap water?

Salt and tap water, from what I understand.

I imagine there's a tiny chance you might need filtered water, if anything in your local tap water can mix with the resin and affect the print quality, but I doubt it.

Student
    Yeah, I think the "worst case" would be that you'll have to get distilled water (hardware store, supermarket) and salt without iodine or anti-caking agent (->organic food store or pet/aquarium store)

You must import the salt water from the nearest ocean. As this is a Canadian printer it can use salt water from either the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfast View Post
    You must import the salt water from the nearest ocean. As this is a Canadian printer it can use salt water from either the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean.
    It will also probably be Arctic-compatible.

Actually the artic water isn't compatible due to the ice. But hopefully in a few years that will no longer be a problem.