Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2014 Midwest Rep Rap Festival

Anyone interested our maker group and Seemecnc.com is again this year hosting the midwest rep rap festival we have moved it to Fair Grounds in Goshen Indiana for more space. last year we had over 100 printers of all makes. It was a great weekend talking with other rep rap people. again this year there will be build events, print challenges and leaders in the reprap movement like MaxBots (Mendel MAX dev), Josef Prusa (Prusa Mendel/i3 and more), Logxen (Smoothieboard Dev) and many more.

Check out the website for more info and pics from last year.

http://midwestreprapfest.org/

OH nice. I may try and make it out there this year! When is it?

March 14-16th. 2014

Check out midwestreprapfest.org for the updated list of guest speakers this year
    Meet Nicolas Seward with his simpson, gus, and lisa printers plus many more

How many people typically attend these?

Last year was the first year and I would estimate around 75-100 different reprap printers there and pretty good foot traffic of interested people. this year the location is a better location and I heard that there are about 50% more pre registers than last year. its free and pretty laid back so people come and go all weekend.

Student
    This sounds great. I'm planning on attending this year.

Is the preregistration for individuals encouraged for everyone, or only those planning on setting up a table?

Since I'm not sure about my work commitments at this point I may be there for all three days and plan on having a table or just driving out on saturday to meet people and walk around.

Thanks!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJWilson View Post
    This sounds great. I'm planning on attending this year.

Is the preregistration for individuals encouraged for everyone, or only those planning on setting up a table?

Since I'm not sure about my work commitments at this point I may be there for all three days and plan on having a table or just driving out on saturday to meet people and walk around.

Thanks!
    Steve
    If you think you would want a table then I would recommend that you pre-register so we have a rough idea of people attending to have enough tables. if not and you show up we will do our best to make space for you.

Wow, this is this weekend. I'm seriously considering making the 300 mile trip. Anyone else going?

It is shaping up to be a premier event. If you look at the web site for events and talks on saturday we have a great line up of people. I am also heading up a project this weekend to print 2 prosthetic hands for a local man that lost both legs and hand from bacterial menegitis with no cost to him. Our reprap community is awesome with the amount of people that has volunteered to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast