Close

repetier is crashing, extruder ticking and home is incorrect

Hey!

So i assembled my geeetech prusa i3 printer and have had many problems with it.
    Now im writing here with 3 of my more important problems so maybe someone can help me out.
    So i connect my printer to my pc and open repetier. If i right away start printing then the printer doesnt heat either extruder or hot bed. So i have to manually preheat them. I can preheat extruder but if i switch on bed heating then the repetier kinda crashes. It shows that my bed gets about 5 degrees warmer and then freezes to that temp. but my printer screen shows that its heating up perfectly. So if i try to start printing when printer says my bed and extruder are hot then repetier says that its waiting for 1 command ( i assume thats the command to heat up the bed) and doesnt start printing.

other problem is as i switch on my printer i can only move axis motors only one way. If i click autohome on either computer or at printer screen then i am able to move every way. But as i click autohome then the extruder head raises about 6mm from the bed and i cannot get it down anymore. Only way to get the extruder head near the bed is to manually screw these screwed rods. How can i set the auto home to correct position.

third problem is that as i heat up the extruder to print then the stepper motor inside the extruder doesnt have enough power to push through the filament. So very small amount of filament comes out. I have to help this filament with my hand a little bit and then it starts to come through. The extruder makes a click every second. I assume thats the click when the filament goes through too hard and the motor skips. I also tryed heating to 250 degrees so if there is something stuck then maybe it melts but it didnt help.

Looking forward for your advice.
    Rando,

Extruder Clicking. Check the voltage to the extruder stepper driver, check temperature of extruder, check diameter of filament. Those are the three most common reasons you will have extruder problems.

Second problem seems like endstops? Run a m119 command and post results

okay. i got the extruder working. But as i run the m119 command it doesnt do anything. now i manually autohome and try again and all the motors start to go farer away from the end stops. i just stopped it because otherwise i have to manually screw back the threaded rod again. There is no possible way to connect all the stepper motor plugs the wrong way.
    Last edited by Enterpreneur; 04-26-2015 at 09:53 AM.

I think you have something defined wrong in your firmware or endstops on the wrong ends? If you are running the m119 command from Repetier, it should be returning something?

i will try to update my firmware today and lets see how it turns out.
    stops are definately on the right side. I have no fother place to connect them. m119 command tells the z axis to rise away from the heat bed. and other axises move a little bit farer from the end stops.

If that Prusa is running a Ramps 1.4 board, a m119 command should return on open/closes (or high-low) response. We only use Ramps or Rambo boards on our Prusas, but all boards should respond the same. It seems you may have something going on in your board or setup or wiring. You have to clear this up before you can expect to get it printing right? Getting the steppers right is like step 2 in setup! You have to address that before jumping to step 10! Have you contacted the help desk from the place you bought your printer from?

17:33:30.718 : x_min: TRIGGERED17:33:30.718 : y_min: TRIGGERED17:33:30.718 : z_min: TRIGGERED17:33:30.718 : N49 G1 X0 Y0 F4800 *94
    Thats all it gave me back.

My printer runs on sanguilolu ramps board and i have checked all the wiring for at least 5 times.
    Last edited by Enterpreneur; 04-27-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Please run m119 again with the axis NOT on the end stops and let me know what the results are.

Actually my extruder was at the middle. on every axis. but i can run the m119 and film it tonight so you will see better what it does.

now i got all my problems fixed. Problem was i have 2 wires per end stop and 3 places where i could connect these wires + - S . I connected to + and - but was supposed to connect to + and S. Thank you very much for helping me out.