Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technologist

Peachy Pro update

Just saw the update on the Peachy Pro:

This looks great. It'll be interesting to see how much better it works with feedback, and hopefully there'll be upgrade kits available eventually.

The Peachy will probably benefit more from feedback than a conventional FDM printer would (because steppers are discrete, so as long as you don't miss steps it will actually end up exactly where you want, whereas the galvanometers are continuous). On the other hand, the basic Peachy seems to be doing just fine without feedback.

It continually amazes me just how innovative this team is - pretty much every other printer is "we took a Reprap and changed a bit of stuff" (went from threaded rods to belts or vice-versa, put a fancy enclosure on it, switched to a delta configuration, etc). The Peachy is about as different from any other printer as you could possibly imagine.
    Last edited by Slatye; 04-24-2015 at 11:05 PM.

I always think of the PID system as three separate components.
    1. Basic error of where we are supposed to be compared to where we are (P)
    2. accumulated error, so if the basic error isn't doing the job you give it a boost (I)
    3. The D value stops from overshooting the target.

Often the D value is 0 (or not used) because P and I are enough for the case at hand.

Adjusting these three variables is all that is needed to do the job. I've got a library that I use. https://github.com/iplayfast/pid
    Last edited by iplayfast; 04-27-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: bit more clear explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
    Just saw the update on the Peachy Pro:

This looks great. It'll be interesting to see how much better it works with feedback, and hopefully there'll be upgrade kits available eventually.

The Peachy will probably benefit more from feedback than a conventional FDM printer would (because steppers are discrete, so as long as you don't miss steps it will actually end up exactly where you want, whereas the galvanometers are continuous). On the other hand, the basic Peachy seems to be doing just fine without feedback.

It continually amazes me just how innovative this team is - pretty much every other printer is "we took a Reprap and changed a bit of stuff" (went from threaded rods to belts or vice-versa, put a fancy enclosure on it, switched to a delta configuration, etc). The Peachy is about as different from any other printer as you could possibly imagine.

The peachy printer and the team behind it are incredibly innovative beyond description. I've seen scientific papers being published in Nature which only report on some of the innovations built into the Peachy, and they usually end up costing many thousands of dollars when they actually appear on market. This is definately not an evolutionary step, but a complete revolutionary leap in technology and very inspirational to the community.

I and D is the other way around
    P is the proportional term
    I is the intergral term and handles errors over time
    D is the deriviative term that dampens the system

most controllers use the P and I terms

Ooops, thanks, corrected.

Hey Guys,

After having heard about PID in this update, I got really interested in the topic.
    So today I took a few hours and developed a nice little JS-Application that demonstrates what PID means:

http://output.jsbin.com/yolafayiga

I hope you like it, please enjoy!

Have a nice day,
    Quertz

Peachy Printer Founder
    Hey Thanks for coding that quertz
    Iv played with it for an hour or so now, its great!
    I love how it responds to changes in the settings in real time
    I even got that little dot going in circles by adding Integral after the dot was set in motion in a very under damped situation

I fixed some little bugs where the Ball could despawn and stuff,
    so if you want to use the code you might want to start from this version:

https://output.jsbin.com/datixo
    Last edited by quertz; 04-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Staff Engineer
    The comments on YouTube are brutal. I feel a bit sorry for the Peachy rep trying to explain how product development works when the commentators are just too mad to pay any attention.

I still look forward to mine in the mail, but they did miss the deadline, and unlike most Kickstarters it was a pretty realistic deadline at the start. So that's actually on them

Peachy Printer Founder
    I think our deadlines were realistic for our 50 000 dollar goal ( and a much less refined product )
    I think Our deadlines were completely unrealistic for the amount of money we accepted ( alto I didnt know this at the time)
    I have learned that you just cant spend that kind of money efficiently on r and d in a few months. R and D takes time no matter how much money you have.
    One thing is for sure its all on us here at peachy to get this right.
    I personally got on camera a said I would do this. Ill be a man of my word and do my best to finish the job to the best of my abilities,
    evan if some people get mad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast