Close

automatically add support structures

Would it be possible for the Peachy Printer to add in support structures automatically instead of adding them in manually ???

Peachy Printer Founder
    We would love to write a slicer, or modify one specifically for peachy printer that could do this along with other features that are unique to peachy printers abilities.
    For now people will have to use other software to add support material.

There are some automatic options out there:
    I dont know them very well but perhaps someone else here can tell you more about software like mesh mixer --> http://www.meshmixer.com/

I read about Meshmixer I tried useing it on my computer turned out my computer is far too old to run it. I have a old 2006 32bit Macbook Pro even the oldest versions won't work.

I think it will be super important for the peachy printer to work with all older computers both 32 bit 64bit as well as Arm based computers such as the Raspberry Pi and Android devices.

A custom slicer that is made for the Peachy would defentally help eliminate the guessing of support structures and. Because FDM support structures might not work too well for the Peachy.

Also the thiner the support structures are with snap off points will help save allot of resin too.

Peachy Printer Founder
    I agree with everything you have said but I have no estmate as to how long it would take for us to get all that working.
    For now I am really happy that Cura and slic3r and mesh lab exist! Big thanks to those people and company's doing that work!