Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technologist
    So, the next problem is, the printer won't recognize any files on the 8GB flash card.

Do I need to flash Sailfish?

Senior Engineer
    You need to put the other web page on it so you can drag and drop and also delete from the same page.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    You need to put the other web page on it so you can drag and drop and also delete from the same page.
    How does that help the printer read the files on the card?

There are 2 .x3g files in the root, but when I choose Build from SD, all it shows is "menu exit."

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by robosmith View Post
    How does that help the printer read the files on the card?

There are 2 .x3g files in the root, but when I choose Build from SD, all it shows is "menu exit."
    That was a response to your previous post.

I do have Sailfish, I have no idea if that is your problem but really for lots of reasons you should be using Sailfish anyway.

Technologist
    That was a response to your previous post.

I do have Sailfish, I have no idea if that is your problem but really for lots of reasons you should be using Sailfish anyway.
    I plan to flash it eventually, but right now, I'm still under warranty and flashing Sailfish may void it.

I guess I need to call Monoprice tech support and ask why their printer won't read files on an 8GB card.

Technologist
    Could you elaborate on "the other web page"? All I could find is the python script and some upload.cgi options.

Senior Engineer
    It is not just a Python script. It is a new front end HTML file.

http://www.extrud3d.com/sites/defaul...AirUI_v0.2.zip

Technologist
    Apparently the Monoprice Creator X rebrand is not compatible with the 8GB Flashair, and they won't even tell me about their firmware.

The info states the firmware is v1.2. I'd like to try Sailfish, but I'll need the stock firmware install to revert, in case of problems.

Can anyone here tell me about this and/or where to get the stock firmware install?

ETA: I did a full format on the card (quick format didn't work) and now the printer can read the .x3g files and connect to the router.
    Last edited by robosmith; 05-02-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Senior Engineer
    You should still see if Sailfish will work. Go and read "Jetguy" posts in the Wanhao ( and other) google groups. You will probably have to read a lot of tripe but the answers will be there I think.

I can't see any of the clone manufacturers having the resources to write their own software and if they did it would likely be more bug ridden than than a dead tree in a forest.

You will be unlikely to find the original firmware, a lot of these clones you can't but it really is just the standard stuff with additional bits to identify the maker. Start with a picture of your motherboard, is it a Mightyboard, if not what is different etc etc.

Technologist
    It is not just a Python script. It is a new front end HTML file.

http://www.extrud3d.com/sites/defaul...AirUI_v0.2.zip
    Thanks for the pointer. I installed it on my card, but all I see is a page with a list of files on the card.

While that is cool, drag and drop does not seem to work to copy files to the card. I get the download prompt when dropping a file (save or open) but nothing else happens.

Do you have any tips on using this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast