Close

Printing ABS with PVA supports

I am trying to print ABS on top of PVA but the first couple of layers seem to not stick well to the PVA and look almost burned, can anyone look at the images in the link and have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I am printing the PVA at 190c and the ABS at 220c. Thanks

http://imgur.com/FtKdJiW,0YGJ3OT,goEmcrM

Technician
    I don't know that this can be done successfully. For PVA you need a cold bed but ABS requires a hot bed (around 100c). The are not compatible.
    I would suggest using ABS for the supports. Since your model does not have interior areas that red supports the supports should break off easily.
    Another suggestion is o use HIP filament for support.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya anything over 190-200 for PVA will just fry it into a brown goop. Your best bet would be HIPS for support as it can be ran close to the same temp as ABS. It is also Dissolvable.

I am leaving the bed temp off and the PVA is sticking to it ok, I don't get any burning or oozing from the PVA at 190c but its the ABS that seems to be burning/melting a little bit, it seems the ABS will not lay down/stick on the PVA, will that problem be fixed if I use HIPS with the bed turned on?