Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
I'm pretty sure that Mistake 1 is not actually a mistake. I'm trying to find the volume of stuff in the outer container that's at or below the water level. That'll be equal to the volume of the water in there, plus the volume occupied by the inner container. Volume occupied by the inner container is A_inner,external * h_sink.
Oh i get it now. I was trying to calculate the "Volume occupied by the inner container" with a more direct aproach: (A_inner,internal + A_inner,wall)*h_sink - which is the same as A_outer-A_inner,external. But yes, your way is right too, my bad for that. Shouldnt change the result anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
Edit: actually, now your answer is not making sense to me either! It has no dependence on A_inner,external, which implies that it doesn't care at all about wall thickness of the inner container. That doesn't seem right.
Read a couple post back (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ull=1#post5250). Thats the same conclusion i got from my theoretical modelling. I was surprised too first, but if you think about it a while, it starts to make sense (read my other post).