Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you the latest interview with the Creating Genius Magazine and our founder Samuel Guillemette. We have been lucky enough to be featured in the next issue of this digital magazine.

ISG3D Founder Brings 3D Printing Technology to Canada

http://cgeniuslife.com/isg3d-founder...ogy-to-canada/

http://isg3d.com/blogs/news/18393497...logy-to-canada

For most of us, 3D printing is still a concept confined to big industries and corporations. However, new startups are emerging in the 3D printing industry every day with the goal of making 3D printing more affordable for the average person. As the Founder of ISG 3D, Samuel Guillemette has a lot of insight into this emerging marketing and its intensely competitive environment.

CG met with Guillemette to hear how he found himself waist deep in the world of 3D printing and what other entrepreneurs out there should consider before joining him.

CG: Tell me about ISG 3D.

Samuel: ISG3D is a 3D printing startup based in Canada. We are selling 3D printers and offering 3D printing services to online users and small businesses. We are also offering 3D modeling services to design customer projects and creating 3D models. As the company is fairly new, we are in this crazy stage where every day we get new developments and we always need to come up with something unique and different. In early December 2014, I recruited one of my friends working in finance to join the business. One of our first moves was to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as an alternative payment method on the website. We think Bitcoin is a disruptive technology that is going to be used by everyone in a few years and we were really happy to see the reaction from the community. 3D printing and Bitcoin makes a very good match.

CG: So what’s the story? Why did you decide to start your own 3D startup?

Samuel: ISG 3D started when I first learned about 3D printing. After a couple of bad experiences with some 3D printing companies, I soon realized that it was easy for me to assemble a highly functional 3D printer. I built my own 3D printer and started selling 3D printed toys, parts and tools to people I knew. When I saw the opportunities and realized that I could turn this into a profitable business, I reached out to friends and we got it off the ground.

CG: How is it starting a company with your friends?

Samuel: I personally think that the beauty of this team is that we all know each other from high school, and we have been working together on other projects in the past. When you are working with people you know, and you have worked with them in the past, it is much easier to overcome egos and all the high level of emotions involved in starting a company.

CG: Why did you go after 3D printing specifically?

Samuel: The first time I saw a 3D printer I was not able to sleep for nights. This is one of the most impressive technologies to come out in decades. The potential for 3D printing is limitless, and it is going to affect many industries in the years to come. We are already seeing all types of crazy materials you can use with 3D printers. The applications of this technology in the field of medicine are mind-blowing. 3D printing of organs, for instance, is one of the most amazing things I’ve heard about with 3D printing technology.

CG: What struggles did you have first starting out?

Samuel: When you are launching your own company, you inevitably run into some roadblocks. Competition is especially strong in the desktop 3D printing industry. While you are developing your product, you have to look at your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses to make sure your product stays ahead of the crowd. It’s exciting to live in this competitive environment because it forces us to be better.

CG: Did you experience that AHA moment?

Samuel: Oh yes, absolutely. In fact, when you are starting your own company, your life becomes filled with these AHA moments. I think the first time that it really hit me was when I was printed my very first 3D part over a year ago. At that time, I was assembling my own 3D printer. I had spent long nights trying to build this 3D printer, and believe me, it was not that easy. When I finally figured it out and started creating something new, it was in a state of complete joy.

CG: What is the most important thing for any company to reach a high level of success?

Samuel: Hard work. I can’t stress this enough. If you are going to run a startup you need to be dedicated to your company 100%. By working every night and trying to get better every day, you are putting the odds on your side and helping your company grow in this ecosystem. It is also crucial to have a vision right from the start. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years? It helps me a lot to have a vision, to know how I want things to be in the future and I have to keep working hard for it.

CG: And I’m sure your team and your partners help you achieve this vision.

Samuel: Yes, of course. You have to believe in your product and make sure that everybody on your team also believes in it. You won’t always agree with your partners, but it is important to share your vision with the rest of the company. We decided to go into 3D printing because we believe this industry is becoming a new industrial revolution. We all believe in what we do and where we are going. If every Fortune 500 companies had that mindset I think we would be living in a much better world.

CG: What does the future hold for ISG 3D?

Samuel: In the last few months, we have been collaborating with many industries on different 3D printing projects and I see a lot of opportunities to expand the company into something much bigger. For the moment, we are focusing on the release of our own line of open-source 3D printers and giving the best experience possible for our 3D printing users.