Close

Plz help. I have no idea whats wrong with my print or how to fix it.

This is how it should look:
    rabbit01_preview_featured.jpg

This is how mine looks:
    IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg

To me it seems like whole chunks are sliding along the x-axis, but I'm new to this and my instincts have failed me so far. Any suggestions or ideas?

My Cura settings:
    Extruder temp: 210
    Bed Temp: 60
    Layer height: .15
    Shell thickness: .8
    Fill density: 20%
    Print speed 80
    Travel Speed: 100
    Bottom layer speed: 20
    Initial layer thickness: .26
    Retraction speed: 10mm/s
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 04-13-2015 at 01:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info

To me it looks like you had either X or Y axis slip during print. At least a couple times in the neck area and in the foot of the ears.
    I'd say try slower. Like 50mm/s. Slow also travel movement. AND check looseness of that axis belt.

Regarding overhangs you might get a better look with smaller layers. I had a spare fan lying aroung : I always turn it on. It helps.

Now regarding the bottom ... might need someone more experienced than me.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    To me it looks like you had either X or Y axis slip during print. At least a couple times in the neck area and in the foot of the ears.
    I'd say try slower. Like 50mm/s. Slow also travel movement. AND check looseness of that axis belt.

Regarding overhangs you might get a better look with smaller layers. I had a spare fan lying aroung : I always turn it on. It helps.

Now regarding the bottom ... might need someone more experienced than me.
    Thank you so much for your response. I'll give those suggestions a try.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what printer do you have ?

Looks to me like you're printing too fast and you could do with active cooling.
    You're using pla (210 - it's not abs) pla NEEDS active cooling.
    particularly for small pieces like that.

try keeping the same settings - though change speed down to 60, and print two models at the the same time.
    This gives the layers more time to cool before the next layer goes down.

I'd look at that before assuming it was anything to do with a hardware issue.

And try it at 0.2 layer height as well as slower and multiple models.

All 3d printers need active cooling for pla - but almost none actually come with it already installed. why ? I have no idea.
    It's cost me about £5 each to install easily removeable cooling duct units on both of my machines. So its not complicated or expensive.
    But for some reason most manufacturers just don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what printer do you have ?

Looks to me like you're printing too fast and you could do with active cooling.
    You're using pla (210 - it's not abs) pla NEEDS active cooling.
    particularly for small pieces like that.

try keeping the same settings - though change speed down to 60, and print two models at the the same time.
    This gives the layers more time to cool before the next layer goes down.

I'd look at that before assuming it was anything to do with a hardware issue.

And try it at 0.2 layer height as well as slower and multiple models.

All 3d printers need active cooling for pla - but almost none actually come with it already installed. why ? I have no idea.
    It's cost me about £5 each to install easily removeable cooling duct units on both of my machines. So its not complicated or expensive.
    But for some reason most manufacturers just don't bother.
    I have a Deezemaker Bukobot. It has a little fan by the extruder. I also have a small portable fan I can position by the machine if it would help. In the mean time, I'll adjust the speed and see what comes out. Thanks!