Close

Change heated bed temp mid print?

Hello
    did a search but couldnt find anything specific on this.
    I want to see if I can lower the temp of the heated bed on my CTC dual printer( FF Creator knockoff (has Sailfish 0040r28)) using RepG MID PRINT
    My prints have been warping off the edges, and i know my adhesion is good because it is really hard to remove after printing.
    Im trying to print the calibration print that CRTLVTEST has on thingiverse.

I don't know about RepG since I use Simplify3D, but... I had warping issues with my part as well (it's 3" x 4" flat) and the corners would always warp. I now start my bed temp at 115C and after 5 layers I drop it to 100C and I get pretty close to ZERO warp.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadenut View Post
    I don't know about RepG since I use Simplify3D, but... I had warping issues with my part as well (it's 3" x 4" flat) and the corners would always warp. I now start my bed temp at 115C and after 5 layers I drop it to 100C and I get pretty close to ZERO warp.
    Can that be done with a gcode editor?

Quote Originally Posted by robosmith View Post
    Can that be done with a gcode editor?
    I don't see why not, it's GCode that sets the temp so you should be able to insert a command to lower the bed temp.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadenut View Post
    that with abs ?
    Might have to try that - cheers

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that with abs ?
    Might have to try that - cheers
    Yep, ABS is all I print.