Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you make good, durable phone cases?

As the title says, can you make good durable phone cases with a 3d printer, specifically the ultimaker 2. Will the sides that hold the case to the phone be strong and hard wearing?
    How long will a relatively slim standard phone case take to make?
    Thanks

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    How good are you at designing a phone case is the question you should be asking. Without seeing a file, it is impossible to answer any of those questions.

It's the same as saying, "I have this car, do you think it needs brakes?"

Design a case, or download one, print it, see if it works. If so, cool. If not, do it again.

Haven't got as far as designing it yet unfortunately, that's a completely different and new challenge I shall be trying to overcome in the next couple of months!
    Just wondering once I have mastered the design, and settings, will it be a good quality case?
    Thanks
    Luke

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yes.
    haven't bothered myself yet - but phone cases are a pretty steady job for most 3d printers.

You can even make them in flexible materials that won't break and will offer impact protection to the phone.

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=phone+cases&sa=
    Here's a few for you to start with

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

Are their available templates for phone cases for different phones I'll be able to download then further edit to ensure my case will fit exactly onto the phone?
    Thanks!

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Try thingiverse

Thank you!!!!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah given the link I supplied was to phone cases on thingiverse - not sure he actually clicked the link :-)

get yourself some ploymakr polyflex flexible pla.
    Prints are hassle free, super tough (we printed a single layer the other day and couldn't tear it) rigid enough to print fine detail and really flexible.

globasfsd do 10 metre samples - should be enough to print a couple of cases, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah given the link I supplied was to phone cases on thingiverse - not sure he actually clicked the link :-)

get yourself some ploymakr polyflex flexible pla.
    Prints are hassle free, super tough (we printed a single layer the other day and couldn't tear it) rigid enough to print fine detail and really flexible.

globasfsd do 10 metre samples - should be enough to print a couple of cases, at least.
    Thanks! I did click on it, didn't realize how useful that site was though, it has all the phones I need!
    What is the best 3d print software, that i can get files from that website and then further edit them?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast