Close

My Slicers don't work and Repetier ignore my settings....

I've tried Cura, Manufacture's Slicer (Migbot), Repetier, MatterControl, and ReplicatorG.

Repetier connects but it ignores my settings. I want to test the movement of the axis so I set the temperature to 30C just to speed up the process (I don't want it to print filament yet). The damn program tells my printer to heat the nozzle to 200C. That's ridiculous.

Cura: Whenever I try to level the printing bed, the damned motors don't ever stop turning until it makes the grinding noise by trying to go beyond where the printer can go. I don't get a choice. It tries to do it automatically.

MatterControl: The damn motors don't turn smoothly like the Manual Control in Repetier. When I print, it's just plain jerky. My Print speeds are set to reasonable setting.
    *Edit. The Jerkiness appears initially but then becomes smoother.

ReplicatorG......freezes on calculating time for the print to finish. Doesn't do anything else. Useless.

The Manufacture's Slicer (Migbot) which looks like an older version of Cura doesn't even connect to my printer.....absolutely useless.

The manufacture doesn't help. They email me a list of stuff I already read and followed. The following emails I send are simply replied by saying "I'll help you" but they never attempt to answer my questions, and they never follow up with any answers ever. The MigBot was manufactured poorly and the service is even worse.
    There's almost no documentation on the MKS 1.2 except the 2 pages on reprap
    Last edited by nzhu; 04-08-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Senior Engineer
    MatterControl: The damn motors don't turn smoothly like the Manual Control in Repetier. When I print, it's just plain jerky. My Print speeds are set to reasonable setting.
    *Edit. The Jerkiness appears initially but then becomes smoother.

This is caused by acceleration settings being too high.

Cura: Whenever I try to level the printing bed, the damned motors don't ever stop turning until it makes the grinding noise by trying to go beyond where the printer can go. I don't get a choice. It tries to do it automatically.

This is probably caused by trying to home in the wrong direction.

Repetier connects but it ignores my settings. I want to test the movement of the axis so I set the temperature to 30C just to speed up the process (I don't want it to print filament yet). The damn program tells my printer to heat the nozzle to 200C. That's ridiculous.

This is probably caused by your start.gcode having the higher temperature in. Setting the print temperature is not the same as setting the preheat temperature.

I think that you need to go and read more about what you are doing. 3d printers are not a plug and play device, they take a lot of reading and messing to make them perform as you need them to.