Close

Is it Possible to Print Precision Prints of a Raspberry Pi Case on Peachy Printer

Is it possible to print a precision print with the peachy printer??? Like printing a Raspberry Pi case and have both pieces precicely fit the Raspberry Pi ???

If the peachy printer could do things like that it would be even more valuable !!!
    Last edited by 3Dmonkey; 04-06-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: fixed title

Peachy Printer Founder
    I think the hardware is already capable of this, it is very precise. The software on the other hand is not yet doing the calibration to make the printer accurate.
    I think what will happen is one day (within the next year or so ) you will get a software update and suddenly your peachy printer will do accurate prints.

To be a bit technical about it, we currently use 3d matrix math for calibration but we only collect 8 points, and we dont account for a laser beam that isnt plumb when shining at (0,0,0).
    When we let the user collect N points and calculate the angle the printer is at, then we will see a huge leap in accuracy, to go along with our already impressive precision.

Accuracy and percison are very different things, in the diagram below the peachy printer is currently behaving like fig C , by improving our calibration software we can account for all the uniquely warped outputs of each and every peachy printer, and get the peachy to behave like fig A

Pull requests are extra welcome in this aria, and Im sure there is a mathematician + programer combination that will enjoy solving this problem further.
    Big Thanks to Ben and James who got the matrix stuff to where it is now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Guys,
    is anyone else having a problem to see the attached files?
    For me all of the files attached lately (the Post above and this post) are replaced with 1x1px clear gifs...
    (I also tried to get the raw URL from the source code to view it)
    It also wouldn't work with another browser.

Thanks,
    quertz

PS: Just realised it's the same with old attachments that used to work. I can still see the thumbnail (probably from cache) but as soon as I try to view the full image I just get clear.gif again

Technologist
    This happen when they reverted the forum back a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by quertz View Post
    Hey Guys,
    is anyone else having a problem to see the attached files?
    For me all of the files attached lately (the Post above and this post) are replaced with 1x1px clear gifs...
    (I also tried to get the raw URL from the source code to view it)
    It also wouldn't work with another browser.

Thanks,
    quertz

PS: Just realised it's the same with old attachments that used to work. I can still see the thumbnail (probably from cache) but as soon as I try to view the full image I just get clear.gif again

directed to Rylan: is there an optimal setup for operation? Basically the system parameters that you recommend? (build size/height above tank)

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by User_Defined View Post
    directed to Rylan: is there an optimal setup for operation? Basically the system parameters that you recommend? (build size/height above tank)
    Yes We Have been workng on a standard setup, I dont know if I would call it optimal, as that really depends on what you want in a 3d printer.
    We have focused on the standard setup being very inexpensive and easy to obtain, as well as great for small prints( 10 cm tall )
    Its very easy to make a custom printer setup tho, The software is starting to have features that support that and make it a breeze.

Oh ok I think i see what you mean about accuracy and precision.

How many versions of the Raspberry Pi models the peachy printer will support ???

I have the Raspberry Pi Model B revision 2 from 2013 do you think it will work with the peachy printer ???

Hey 3Dmonkey,

I don't see your point there.

If you are (still) talking about printing cases for the Raspi:
    Just like every 3Dprinter the PeachyPrinter Should be able to print any 3D-model you have so there is no difference there, you just need the model.
    (You can surely find them all on the internet)

If you're talking about printing from the Raspi using the Peachy Printer:
    I think that's just about what you want to achieve.
    You could just use the Audio-out of the Raspi for this (although I've heard that the Raspi has a very bad standard-output)
    or probably use the IO pins (I haven't worked with a Raspi yet so I don't know about analog out).
    For the last one you would probably have to do some programming on your own, although I think it's not going to take long after the release of the peachy until someone does exactly that.

Hope I could somehow answer your question,
    Have a great day,
    quertz

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by quertz View Post
    Hey 3Dmonkey,

I don't see your point there.

If you are (still) talking about printing cases for the Raspi:
    Just like every 3Dprinter the PeachyPrinter Should be able to print any 3D-model you have so there is no difference there, you just need the model.
    (You can surely find them all on the internet)

If you're talking about printing from the Raspi using the Peachy Printer:
    I think that's just about what you want to achieve.
    You could just use the Audio-out of the Raspi for this (although I've heard that the Raspi has a very bad standard-output)
    or probably use the IO pins (I haven't worked with a Raspi yet so I don't know about analog out).
    For the last one you would probably have to do some programming on your own, although I think it's not going to take long after the release of the peachy until someone does exactly that.

Hope I could somehow answer your question,
    Have a great day,
    quertz

If the audio quality of your PI directly out of the headphone jack, is not good, you could try a USB sound card (they sound good to my untrained ear), which are cheap and effective and may give more consistent results:- http://plugable.com/2014/11/06/how-t...n-raspberry-pi