Close

Printrboard - can't move above z125

I'm using a Printrboard, and for some reason it won't go above z125. Mechanically, there is no issue, but it stops at z125 if you tell it to go higher than that, and it ignores any commands to move the head any higher.

Is there a firmware setting I need to change or something? The board came pre-configured.

... how about the build volume ? If you tell it you have a max build volume of Z=125mm, it won't go above that.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    ... how about the build volume ? If you tell it you have a max build volume of Z=125mm, it won't go above that.
    Do you mean in the software on the controlling PC or the boards firmware? If you mean the software, then I use Repeater Host, and the max build volume is larger than Z=125mm. Also, Repetier Host doesn't prevent you from trying to move the printer outside of the build area.

If you mean the firmware, then yes it might be something that came preconfigured, but I don't know what setting it would be.

Technician
    You don't mention which firmware you are using (and may not even know if it was preconfigured). The following is from the Marlin firmware in the configuration.h file under mechanical settings, though it probably looks similar in other firmwares.

Code:
    #define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.
    // @section machine
    // Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
    #define X_MIN_POS 0
    #define Y_MIN_POS 0
    #define Z_MIN_POS 0
    #define X_MAX_POS 200
    #define Y_MAX_POS 200
    #define Z_MAX_POS 200
    You may need to change Z-MAX_POS (or equivalent in other firmware) to something more appropriate for your machine. I've never used a printrboard so don't know the proper flash process.