Close

Which printer can use Nylon 2200 ?

I am new to 3d printing and was wondering which 3d printers can use Nylon 2200 and can somebody please point me in the right direction? I want it to be able to print heads of people for me ect, many thanks in advance.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    At what temperature does it print?

In which format does it come (pellets, 1.75mm filament, 3mm filament, etc.)?

You will have to forgive my newbness I have no idea, I was told that a printer which uses this could make a model of a head I want making and then I would have to paint it, I just need more information and am a bit stuck in this regard, any help would be welcome.

Engineer
    Googled a few seconds ago, and so far I have seen only SLS printer based.

I am waiting on the Wanhao d5s and also I have a heated bed for it, could I use the nylon filament with this printer? although I think other materials would be just as good for head/busts

SLS means the process type : selective laser sintering or something like it.

Typically this is a powder product used in laser printers (>5k$), it won't work with the filament printers ... including the Wanhao.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yes you can use nylon filament in your wanhao. You probably won't want to. It's a real swine to get to work and expensive.

And if all you want to print is a head to paint - just use pla :-)

I will try the white filaments and see which one can be painted best to look realistic ect thanks for the reply guys the more information the better