Close

CreatorPro - Head Jame in Home Position [video]

Hey All,

I set up my creator pro and when I try and level the plate or go to the Home Axes, the head unit starts to vibrate really bad when it hits the back stopping point. It moves freely in all directions except when the carriage gets to the end point of the back rail. Here's a video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...ew?usp=sharing

What is wrong?

Thank you.

Check your switches, they might be out of alignment. There should be one on the right side attached to the rods holding the extruders. The other switch is on the left near the back. Those switches tell the printer when the extruders are in the "Home" position. If it's not being triggered, then it will keep trying to move the extruder.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Also, sometimes you need to change the home position settings.

But sounds more like a misaligned endstop.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by wsciron View Post
    Hey All,

I set up my creator pro and when I try and level the plate or go to the Home Axes, the head unit starts to vibrate really bad when it hits the back stopping point. It moves freely in all directions except when the carriage gets to the end point of the back rail. Here's a video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...ew?usp=sharing

What is wrong?

Thank you.
    My printer did this when I first got it. The left rear limit switch was not being activated. I bent the tang on the switch out a little, and it was fixed. Look for the light on the switch circuit board. If it is not on, the switch is not activated.

Add Roob0481 on Thingiverse
    Ok I know this post is a little dated, but I figured add this in the event this happens to someone else. I apologize for the quality of the pics, I just used my phone real quick. The darker, up close pic inside the printer shows the switch and the metal tension catch that should be on there. Now the brighter more clear picture shows the stop switch that was on my printer upon receiving it. The metal catch is missing and was the cause of the same issue except that it was on two switches. I emailed Mr. Tang and he sent me replacements. So far no issues.
    WP_20150615_001[1].jpgWP_20150615_003[1].jpg