Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Interesting flashforge is listed in the manufacturer list - but with no actual printers :-)

and when you punch in the specs - you end up with 3 printers all well over $3000

It's definitely still a work in progress :-)

Thanks Davo. That list is a big help choosing. Im going with the flashforge pro soon. As for the OP I suggest the Ultimaker if you live in europe. Having limited experience with 3d Printing im not in much of a place to suggest but it is capable of 20 microns though you may never want to go below 60. It also has great accuracy.

Technologist
    I checked out the DaVinci and the Robo3D at our downtown library. Also have a Replicator2 at work.

The Makerbot/Makerware worked most consistently with the smallest amount of futsing around, so I was convinced I wanted Makerware compatibility.

Was looking at the clones on ebay, and found out many were wood frame and the metal frame ones were more expensive.

Monoprice.com has a FF Creator Dual rebrand, with a metal frame for $1000. When it went on sale for $700, I could not resist.

I wanted something with heated build plate so I could print ABS, which the Monoprice has. My first 2 ABS prints were very good. Previous prints on other machines had curling problems.

Try this comparison site. It should give you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.marsh96 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! what made you go for the d5s?
    The size of the builds more than anything and its my first printer so I figured it is a good price to start off with, now I can see what this printer can do, then when I am competent I will get bigger and more expensive machinery.

Student
    Follow dwalden On Twitter Add dwalden on Facebook
    Check out the Creatbot machines: www.creatbot.com. I use a Creatbot clone from a company called Mootooh, and the quality is very good. Very solid construction, high quality metal extruder head, and great prints! I'm about to get a second one

Any Recent info on this one?

Monoprice 11614 Dual Extrusion ABS/PLA/PVA 3D Printer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-11...4AAOSwBahVd14b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12