Close

Technician

quick question`s

Gday All,

Ok since 3 days ago all my prints off either extruder are nowhere near as smooth as previously, yet have changed no filament or settings..Any suggestions ?

Secondly both extruders have build up of black ? on outside of them, could this be affecting my heating / cooling which in turn is affecting print quality.

Thirdly have noticed if printing a vertical tube, there is an uneven seem the entire way from bottom to top in one straight line ??

Have no idea whats happened

Steve

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    Gday All,
    Secondly both extruders have build up of black ? on outside of them, could this be affecting my heating / cooling which in turn is affecting print quality.
    Steve
    Is the buildup on the nozzles? Are you using black filament? Possible that here is some filament that got stuck to the nozzle causing a flow issue....either from a bad print or dragging?

After 1 bad print, I had a nasty amount of filament on my nozzle, real pain to remove, and had some issues printing afterwards due to missing a clump on the back side.

Technician
    Need more information, photos best. Would help if you could observe if roughness in any direction. If in X direction could be a loose belt.

Try acetone to soften and then scrape gently with tweezer. Should dislodge buildup. go into load filaments. IOf you see a nice stream coming out going straight down should be OK

Technician
    Standard white filament and still same roll that been using for weeks. Will try post pics tonight after work. Anyone here know if extruder nozzles on Creator X just unscrew ???

Cheers and thanks for the tips thus far.

Technician
    That rules out the filament idea From what I saw they should just unscrew but please don't quote me on that would hate to mess up your machine

Engineer-in-Training
    The black buildup is traces of filament that are now burned onto the nozzles. As long as its not blocking them it shouldn't affect anything.

pla or abs filament?

Technician
    Well,

Played around for hours on printer today, sort of like a mini service.

It still prints a vertical seam on the X access on the left side of print when looking at front of printer.

Only ever print in ABS and gave checked bed, no warpage as replaced bed only recently.

Cheers

Technician
    Some slicers will cause each layer to start printing at the same point on the perimeter each layer. Skeinforge, the slicer for replicatorG, always starts my prints on the left-front corner of the print. This can appear as a 'seam'. That might be what you're seeing. Some other slicers allow you to set a random start point on each layer, which would minimize the appearance of that seam. I pretty much only use repG, so perhaps others here can offer suggesttion on slicers.

Cheers,

John