Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    super quality, ultra cheap 3d scanner that is hassle free.
    That we need.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr1 View Post
    Well, let's stick to the topic guys. :-)

Wolfie's post about problem with shipping from overseas to the US was the first one mentioned that was not strictly about the actual PRINTING PROCESS in a narrow sense (act of printing), but still applying to a lot of people that 3d print.
    Let's try to follow this direction, take this wider approach and see where it takes us in this discussion.

What would you say is the one problem you'd love to solve that is connected with 3d printing but is not part of the actual printing process? (E.g. this may be connected with designing, buying stuff, software or any other thing that is done in order to 3d print something).

While I know this is a very wide questions, I'm sure you can think of one think that was/is a source of biggest PAIN in your projects.
    Biggest pain? Slicers that can't deal with non-maniforld meshes. Seriously, if its got a wall (ie defined by polygon(s)), effin print it. I don't care if that wall isn't connected to every other wall. Just freaking print it. Maybe I put the wall there inside the thing for a reason (oh, say support where I may drill it later).

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    super quality, ultra cheap 3d scanner that is hassle free.
    That we need.
    Yep, I would vote for that. Even if it wasn't ultra cheap, I would accept reasonably priced. I mean $1k or less. Five figures is excessive for the home hobbyist and thats the price point for a good quality 3d scanner right now.

Technician
    Hello everyone!I'm doing a little study on 3d printing, and I've got a simple question for you:If you could solve one problem with 3d printing what would it be and why?I'd appreciate your answers.Cheers.
    1: Make more people aware of 3D printing, and the low cost.2: Get people to be more willing to tweak there 3D printer (most other problems would be solved by this).3: Teach people to program (create software). Though this goes for computer use problems as well.Number two, in my list, would solve a lot of the warping and adhesion problems. As well as a number of other issues, if the printers are modified to meet the needs.Number Three would solve a few other problems.
    Last edited by DavidS; 04-02-2015 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Forum Miss formmating text.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    1: Make more people aware of 3D printing, and the low cost.2: Get people to be more willing to tweak there 3D printer (most other problems would be solved by this).3: Teach people to program (create software). Though this goes for computer use problems as well.Number two, in my list, would solve a lot of the warping and adhesion problems. As well as a number of other issues, if the printers are modified to meet the needs.Number Three would solve a few other problems.
    Could you elaborate on number 3 on your list?
    What exact problems do you have in mind that could be solved by programming?

Technician
    Could you elaborate on number 3 on your list?
    What exact problems do you have in mind that could be solved by programming?
    Many:
    1:Creating G-Code slicers that are better aware of the specific HW that is being used, thus preferring the axis that produces the best results in the least time.

2: Creating 3D modeling software that sorts by layer, rather than unknown order of poligons, making slicing quicker (as no need to sort the polygons).

3: Creating better firmware.

4: Making improvements to the above three catagories.

That is just a generalized overview, though I believe it answers your question.

If not ask more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Yep, I would vote for that. Even if it wasn't ultra cheap, I would accept reasonably priced. I mean $1k or less. Five figures is excessive for the home hobbyist and thats the price point for a good quality 3d scanner right now.
    4 figures is excessive for my bank account.
    I say cheap and by that I mean £300 or less, preferably less :-)

Technician
    Even 300 Euro would be a bit high for me.

I would like to solve my power supply issues with my 1 week old geeetech me creator 3d printer. I am so frustrsated that i may start using the printer for target practice in my back yard or in my warehouse.extruder not heating up. I have not had one print come out of the printer. Is this a lemonnnnnnnn. I need some one to help resolve this issue.
    Thanks
    steve

well you're in entirely the wrong section of the forum. So not a good start :-)

Check all your wires and connections to the motherboard - quite often this type of problem is simply a loose wire or connector.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    At some point they will become that. But only if they become mainstream enough for the volume. Remember the first DVD players? $2k for high end, $1k for good ones. Now, $50 at walmart gets you a pretty good one.

When truely good scannars are not made by just 5 or fewer companies, then the monopoly and the price will shatter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123