Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    Aluminum far exceeds glass in about every way. I have 3 printers that all come with borosilicate. I got rid of all the glass and replaced with 1/4" plate. What you need though s mic6 aluminum. Its cast, stress free and milled on boh sides so its perfectly flat. I have yet to ever have a glass plate that is flat. The mic6 needs to be glass beaded on one side for adhesion. I have made many of these plates for other peoples 3d printer build plates. It really s the way to go. The heat is so even also. On an 8x10 bed i only get 2-3 deg difference from center to the edge.
    Last edited by jimc; 03-27-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Engineer
    It has also a double edge effect, it does make heat more even, as well as it will pump much more current from the power supply. Will the ramp handle the current despite the cooling fan inside the electronics? One thing for sure it does make the electronics wears out faster.

Which is why I want to know more why the author needs aluminium. Because we have like 3-4 modded affinia with 1/8 aluminium sheet, and it was hard to keep the printing and bed temperature stable in cool environment. We have to put container around it to achieve a good result.

Im pretty sure the OP wants the plate for the table and not the build plate he wants to replace the plywood that comes stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12