Close

Printrbot Metal Plus problems

My Printrbot Metal Plus hasn't been reliable. I've had it for 2 months and this is the fourth time it's broken. I've replaced the printrboard, z sensor, extruder motor, y-stop switch, and now it looks the the second printrboard is fried. I also replaced the hot end which I broke when I was swapping out the extruder motor. When it works, it's really nice. When Aric in tech support responds, he's good though he tends to respond late at night so a day is lost with every email. This time, I wrote in on Thursday, checked the few things requested, and haven't heard anything since Friday.

I understand their growing pains and I'm happy for them. But does anybody have suggestions for dealing with vendors that aren't responsive? I don't want this to degenerate into something nasty but there doesn't seem to be an escalation process for people whose printers are having problems and this printer has spent as much time waiting for parts as it does printing.

An update: Brook tweeted me on the 25th & said they'd get me fixed up, no indication that they've shipped anything yet.

That really stinks to hear all the trouble that you've been having with your Plus! Man I just had to reread all the parts that you have replaced. Is this your first printer? I have a Simple metal and the only problem I have had it a defective X end stop. It was missing the metal lever. But I bought mine on Ebay as a "new" open box so I just fixed it on my dime. Other then that it's been a solid printer. It just sounds like you got a lemon and I would ask to have the entire printer replaced. You have spent enough doing QC.