Close

Threaded View

Add bford903 on Facebook

Projet 1200 - FTX Cast Burnout Tests

I just received my shipment of FTX Cast for my Projet 1200. I'll be posting the results of the printing and casting tests here.

First print

The material feels much softer, more like wax, than the FTX Green. My wax pen had little to no effect on the material and injection and sprue waxes have a little trouble sticking to it.

The Auto-supports generated by the software are very thick and are difficult to remove. Recommend that you create your own supports on the model prior to printing.

First Test:
    Satin-Cast Investment (gypsum)
    Standard Wax Burnout - 6hr
    Mix for Standard Castings

Result:
    Unusable. Investment breakdown. Heavy porosity. Pitting. Bad Surface. Reminds me of earlier casting tests with the FTX Green. Complete failure.

This result was expected, but the casting looks much worse than I anticipated. I think the poor result is mainly due to a curing issue. Maybe a cleaning issue as well. I'll extend cleaning procedure and curing time for next one and repeat test with Plasticast investment. Time to step it up.

Not even my school castings were this bad.

I also put one in the oven by itself (no investment) to watch the reaction. Very similar to FTX Green. I believe they call that a "Temperature Differential".

Attached Images Attached Images