Close

Technician

Oscillating x-drive Creator help!

All of a sudden my x drive goes into violent oscillations when printing. It starts printing OK but then starts oscillating sometimes intermittent sometimes non stop. It seems to start oscillating in the same areas. Cant find any interference's. It also continues to print but model shifts.

It dosent buzz when I try homing or jogging. Sometimes my display goes whacko at the same time. If I pause and then unpause it starts buzzing again. Any ideas?

I tried to tighten the x belt but I can't figure out how to release the clamp.

All ideas welcome

I had exactly the same issue, I tried not to follow the recommendations of what folks on this forum said was most likely the problem but they were right. More than likely your issue is a broken or loose wire in the connector/harness that goes to the stepper motor. I was able to validate what I was being told by removing the side panel. Then I told it to start a print, as the head moved across to home once it rest over there waiting for the heats to come up I took my hand and gently moved the wires going to the stepper motor, as I got close to the area were the problem was the motor would slightly index as I moved the wires. I opted for replacing the whole set of wires since I did not have a good way to remove the wire and tab from the connectors. It was such an intermittent problem with mine that It would have been kind of hard to diagnose without the wire harness off of the machine. Hope this helps

The thread that I posted was labeled Equpment problems, and mjolinor, ssayer, and rforeman get all the credit for solving the problem

Technician
    Thanks for your reply. I tried jiggling wires. No response. I have a replacement harness on the way.

Follow up - new x stepper cable - problem solved
    Last edited by sasabs; 03-27-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: update