Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

Geared Z Steppers

I received some Geared nema 17 Steppers for my Z lead screws. looking forward to installing.
    I would be surprised if i noticed any difference, but i do hope it helps increase accuracy of my ABL first layer consistency

Engineer
    Here is an updated photo of my current setup.. i keep changing stuff trying to make it better
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    An interesting note that once i started using the Geared Z steppers I had to adjust my offset closer for ABL. by .1mm

Hey Adam how are the new z rods and steppers? Have the prints been more smooth and accurate. I was thinking about taking the plunge and getting me some for my printer.

Engineer
    To be honest.. I havent noticed a real improvement.. If it has improved its minor as the stock setup is already pretty decent. im still happy with the improvements.. but its a case of diminishing returns..
    if the system is already 90% good.. spending the money for a 1-2% increase is hard to notice.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    To be honest.. I havent noticed a real improvement.. If it has improved its minor as the stock setup is already pretty decent. im still happy with the improvements.. but its a case of diminishing returns..
    if the system is already 90% good.. spending the money for a 1-2% increase is hard to notice.
    try disabling micro stepping your mech is far more accurate then micro stepping is anyways plus it will bring your Steps per mm down to a level marlin can handle

your first layer accuracy is based on the accuracy of the probe and how close it is to the nozzle
    get a cheery mx keyboard switch they are +-.02mm the basic endstop switch is +-.40mm with an avg of .10mm with a good one
    or do some type of optical arm
    Last edited by TechMasterJoe; 04-05-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Engineer
    I will try that.. should i go to 1/8 or 1/4?

regarding cherry switches. what colour

Engineer
    I placed an order for 2 of these. hope they are helpful
    http://www.digikey.ca/product-search...ader=search_go

Technologist
    they are far better then the end stop switch most people are using
    my keyboards are full of them
    GON NS NerD Crystal TKL (them hard core gaming days space bar is MX green the rest is MX reds and this
    cost more then ANY of my 3D printers did i think with all the extras and detached number pad it was over 1000$ but hey how many keyboards are true
    usb3.0 with a polling rate over 100Mhz powered by a dual core 600mhz arm cpu)

and corsair K90 RGB (every day user)

love them both very much both use MX Reds
    Last edited by TechMasterJoe; 04-06-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
    they are far better then the end stop switch most people are using
    my keyboards are full of them
    GON NS NerD Crystal TKL (them hard core gaming days space bar is MX green the rest is MX reds and this
    cost more then ANY of my 3D printers did i think with all the extras and detached number pad it was over 1000$ but hey how many keyboards are true
    usb3.0 with a polling rate over 100Mhz powered by a dual core 600mhz arm cpu)

and corsair K90 RGB (every day user)

love them both very much both use MX Reds

i'm jealous of your keyboard... i just have a razer 2012(or 11') black widow ultimate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast