Close

Technician

Object format question

Gday All,

Okay here is my dilemma,

I can design objects in Cinema 4D but truly fail in joining two objects in there successfully, however if I have two objects in Rhino 5 I can join them no problem.

NOW the issue is if I export objects from 4D into Rhino 5 the file format must be different as Rhino cannot join them, so basically there must be a particular format that Rhino can work with so I need to save anything created in 4D in that specific file format ---- But I cant figure out what that format / file type is

Does anyone know what I am missing here ( apart from an IQ issue )

Cheers

PS : I cannot just design what I want in Rhino to solve the transition issue as Rhino and I do not get along.
    Last edited by lycan; 03-21-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Have you asked Maxon tech support about your problem in joining objects? That seems like something that should be possible; there's likely a way to do it within Cinema4D. That program uses meshes as well as parametric solids, so without knowing what sorts of objects you're dealing with it's not possible to answer your question. Rhino is another program that uses a variety of types of surfaces, but if you don't get along with it, there's no reason to import your models into it.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com