Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Layer far for Prusa i3v Hexagon

Good Evening... So i just got my printer kit yesterday the Prusa I3v Hexagon Hotend from makerfarm. This is my third printer in total. I had a rostock max v2 that i sold, and I still have a FF Creator Pro that I like a lot.

I am looking for a good PLA/Copperfil/Bronze/Ninja etc layer cooling fan setup. The ones on thingiverse, at least the ones ive seen are pretty poor. A lot are meant to cool the hot end, which I already have. Im looking for something to cool the layer fan only. 40mm, since I already have those handy.

Just curious as to what everone else is using. Im doing my first cube print now without a heated bed (i broke the thermistor, brilliant) and ill post a thread on that when its done.. Id love to be cooling this print

thanks

I would suggest looking at clough42's designs for the makerfarm printer... It may not be the fan size your looking for but the positioning and design are spot on. Combined with his hexagon cooling solution its quite the combo.

i think that setup may proclude me from being able to install my auto leveling servo on the left side of the extruder bracket... he does some pretty cool work though , for sure.
    any other suggestions would be welcome too.
    thanks

How so? Mine was on the left no trouble... Servo on the outside foot on the inside

I realize this is an e3d hotend... I modified c42's design to fit the e3d... But all pieces of the entire kit are in the same position as it is with the hexagon.

Interesting, the pictures i looked at seemed to show something different... good to know, I will certainly look at that file. thanks

Yeah I originally had a hexagon, its going in my kossel... C42's design fixes airflow problems from the stock cooling fan that can cause print warping. And the stock fan can be relocated to the part cooling duct. :-). You literally just need to order the tiny 3cfm fan that fits behind the extruder and pulls airflow in from the hot end and directs it up at the gears away from the print protecting it from all the unwanted uncontrolled airflow washing all over the print.

sniffle... do you have your PS mounted to the frame? if so, what length M5 screws are you using? I wish home depot etc sold M5, unless they are marketed under a different size.

thanks

At one point I did its now attached to the outside of my enclosure. If I remember correctly mine had 2 different mounting options. One used an m3 and I believe that's the one I used.

So i did a temporary layer fan, i plan to go with the C42 design etc... Here is a configuration piece that I printed out.

I am really dissapointed by the layers so far with this printer... im just not sure where to start, since this is my first prusa kit.

Any ideas where to start? im not getting over extrusion, or blobbing etc, Simplify 3d is really good at the retractions etc. I just have to figure out the layer issues.
    btw, first layer goes down well. all good there.

thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast