Close

Question What Are Capabilities of the Standard Kit

Hi!

I didn't find out about the Peachy Printer until after the Kickstarter campaign. I've been following the updates of it off and on. I'm excited to see I have a new opportunity to get one through Backer Kit!

The latest videos show some incredible prints!

Are there any confirmation that these prints are made with the expanded capabilities of the Pro version? Or achievable through the standard kit?

I'm curious to know what the capabilities of the standard kit is. $1k for the Pro is a bit out reach for a nifty new toy. I'm torn between Peachy standard or the QU-BD printer!

thanks!
    Last edited by Chap; 01-12-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Edit: Ah! I can't edit the Subject! I meant "kit!"

Engineer-in-Training
    Everything that you have seen isn't even a full standard kit, let alone a Pro. The Peachy is still in development, so all of what you see is just a glimpse of what is to come. The Pro should be even better, and more capable. The problem is, no one could tell you what the limitations are.

I think that I would go with the Pro if you have experience with 3d printers, and know that you will be able to utilize it's full capabilities. If this is your first foray into 3d printing, I would just get the standard, and some extra resin. Worst case scenario, if you get the standard and regret it, just get the Pro. You will be out an extra $100, but who cares? $100 is two trips to the movie theater, or two tanks of gas.

Thanks! That's a good way to put it into perspective

Hope the standard is not crippled to make the pro better.

Don't be like apple!
    Last edited by Kingoddball; 01-14-2014 at 12:41 AM.

it wont be like Apple... it's even open hardware!

Ahh! All the better!
    Can't wait for it. I'm thinking of letting my i3 go and grab a BETA peachy!

Looks like it's doing great prints currently and it's in DEV stages!
    I'd like to see them do a larger print (10*10*10cm).

What I would like to see is for PeachyPr bring out some upgrade add-on's for the standard. Like the better mirrors and controller.

Technician
    when I get my beta peachy, the smallest tubs(3.5litre) will have a buildable (no obstructions even with the hose space allocation and even keeping the top 2cm free for the lid) of 11cm(w) x 11cm(d) x 15cm(h)

Wow. That's pretty good!
    Can't wait to see some sizable prints and real world prints.