Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
Well they are on Kickstarter now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ody-3d-printer

Honestly, it looks very well put together, though I'm still not entirely sold on it. With no heated bed, I wonder how it will print ABS. I'm not a fan of the wording they've used for the technical info, frankly, there's little information on how or what they are using to make it work, and seeing those words 'patent-pending' alone makes me cringe. But overall, I wish them luck. It will be interesting to watch.

Edit.....reading through it a bit more, and frankly, some of their wording is a bit far fetched....they claim their hot end is the only one that can extrude PLA without active cooling, and that a cooling fan on a hot end is both expensive and reduces print volume...
That one made me do an eyebrow raise too. New technology equals project delays and budget problems if not already perfected. We saw it in the EZ3D, where they were relying on manufacturing tech to save them but never perfected it and it bankrupted the company. Makibot also wasted valuable resources on new tech (a pellet extruder) which blew through their budget and ship dates eventually bankrupting the company.

I'll happily eat crow if they can ship this thing on time or at all, but the margins are just too thin.