Hi there,

I'm hoping that I'm at the right place to ask my question: which 3D printer should I buy? I'm a total newbie to 3D printing - I've never owned one - but I own(ed) a CNC mill (e.g. Shapeoko/XCarve) and I've experience in electronics and mechanics. But as always: money is a limiting factor and as I see the 3D printer market I've this two choices: Ultimaker 2 3D-printer (which is obviously the top of the prosumer market) or a no-name China 3D-printer. The latter option might be more suitable for me since I do not know if I'm really interested in 3D printing and I don't want to spend a huge amount of money if it turns out later that 3D printing isn't the thing for me.

I looked around at Ebay and found basically two models which are inside the budget and are delivered from inside my country (to cut of any tax issues):

1.) GEEETECH Prusa i3 Aluminum version which has a rigid looking aluminum frame which might influence the rigidity of the contraption positively. But it is a very big printer.
2.) GEEETECH Delta Kossel 3D which looks really nice and has a small footprint. The frame consists (besides the rods) of black acrylic which might not be rigid (?) with the load ontop (?).

The 2nd model is my favorite since it looks nice, takes less space and I like the principle how it works. They both cost under 400 € = $450 which is okay for my budget.

So my question is really: do you have any experience with the mentioned models? Are they worth the money? Are they suitable for beginners and provide "decent" results? Which model would you prefer? I'm totally aware of the fact that I will spend a lot of time into configuration and solving problems.

Cheers!