Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Marm on Thingiverse
    The filament is reported as being mid level at best, and it's severely overpriced for the amount you get. And it's just pure ABS. With the flashing of the EEPROM of the chip and board, you can make some adjustments to extruder and bed temps, possibly allowing for other materials. You also reset the length of material remaining to whatever length you want, so you can have multiple different spools ready to go on a hanger above your machine, you just switch between rolls as you want, without removing the cartridge.

To flash, you can do a little soldering and use an Arduino, or you can get a 3rd party device that goes in the USB port.

Cartridges are now re-fillable but you have to break the cartridge apart, put the new spool in and replace the chip. Not a lot of value to save $5.00.

Follow Drafter1981 On Twitter Add Drafter1981 on Facebook Add Drafter1981 on Google+
    A Lot of talk here about flashing the chip and I already have a couple of cartridges with extra filament. So... how do you go about doing this or where on the XYZ site do you get the information? I already have an open ticket with them about this along with a question about the printer "Skipping" or not extruding the filament. Just my opinion but it seems if you "cancel" a print, the counter still thinks you have used the filament so after 3 or 4 cancellations you might have a enough filament to make a new part but the machine will not allow it. Again, any help or information on how to use the extra filament would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance...
    Drafter1981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12