Close

Thread: Full size canoe

Full size canoe

I got the email notification:
    Missed our Kickstarter/Indiegogo? It is not to late to get a Peachy Printer!‏"

but I'm still waiting for a large scale test from the sellers of peachy printers.
    Any news/expectations in the near future about that ?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by pelgrim View Post
    I got the email notification:
    Missed our Kickstarter/Indiegogo? It is not to late to get a Peachy Printer!‏"

but I'm still waiting for a large scale test from the sellers of peachy printers.
    Any news/expectations in the near future about that ?
    Look at
    Kickstarter Project Update #19: What We've Done and What's to Come!

jankoo

Engineer-in-Training
    I was speaking with Rylan about that, and he mentioned that the canoe is still a goal. Couldn't tell you when it's coming, since no one bought it, I think the project went on the back burner.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    I was speaking with Rylan about that, and he mentioned that the canoe is still a goal. Couldn't tell you when it's coming, since no one bought it, I think the project went on the back burner.
    Someone did pledge it at some point (on kickstarter), but they backed out before the campaign ended.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Yesterday me and Albert built a huge test rig, for testing the laser path over a build volume of 4x4x8 ft.... its not a functioning printer instead we have built a 4x4 foot platform that rises via stepper motors.
    The laser shines on the platform and we do time lapse photography, with 1 second exposures of each layer.
    We also have a script that combines all the photos of a print into one photo, the result should be a photo of a huge glowing 3d object made from laser light.
    Update comming soon as alwase

I think with really hi quality photos like this we can learn alot about the printer. I think of it as if were using a microscope to watch what the printer is really doing, but instead of actually using a micro scope
    We are making a gargantuan peachy printer.
    I do this in my head alot, I often picture the internals of the peachy printer being as big as a house. I walk on the thread that holds the mirror like its a tight rope, I balance on the mirror.
    Its a very interesting and rather imersive thought experiment where you get to actually experience things that are really happening on a scale so small that you can only see there resultant artifacts in real life.
    Think "honny I shrunk the kids" movie.