Close

Da vinci 1.0 error code 0031

I started calibrating my new da vinci 1.0 I got and about two minutes into it it said ERROR SERVICE CODE 0031. I looked it up in the manual and it said somthing was wrong with the y axis sensor or motor. The motor is fine but I dont know about the homing sensor. Every time I try to home it it makes a aweful grinding sound then the error pops up. Can somone tell me what Is happening and how I can fix this?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Well.... did you turn it off then back on? I've gotten a couple 031's before, and I just manually move the extruder to the center of the bed and turn the printer back on and let it rehome. If it continues, then your endstop sensor may have gone bad. Check the switch to make sure something isn't jamming it. Double check all the wiring, and resolder if necessary. If you have a multimeter, check the resistance through the switch open and closed. If it's not going low when closed, then your switch is bad. You might be able to replace that on your own (I certainly would try). I don't have a parts number or anything, but run through what I suggested, and if it's still happening, the guys over on the voltivo forums can help you out.