Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    It depends how much resin you get for that. If it's $2-400 KG that isn't particularly expensive (I pay around $360 kg for the professional resin I use,) but my worry is there much smaller than that. As they seem to be in locked containers (maybe I've understood it wrong however,) can you also use it all, or do you get lots of wastage in the bottom?
    Good question?

DWS lab sent more news today through their newsletter.

we wanted to thank you for having contacted us and for your interest in our products.

XFab will be available starting from September 2014.
    The printer will cost around 5.000 €, taxes (VAT) and shipping costs excluded.

For further details please visit our website www.dwslab.com.
    Soon the FAQ about XFab will be published in our website and we will keep you informed by sending you newsletters.
    A preorder form is already available online.

We stay at your disposal for further needs.
    Kind regards

DWSLab Team
    www.dwslab.com

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Um... So just under $7000 US...
    Well, I wish them luck competing with the Stratasys Objet line at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    DWS lab sent more news today through their newsletter.

we wanted to thank you for having contacted us and for your interest in our products.

For further details please visit our website www.dwslab.com.
    Soon the FAQ about XFab will be published in our website and we will keep you informed by sending you newsletters.
    A preorder form is already available online.

We stay at your disposal for further needs.
    Kind regards

DWSLab Team
    www.dwslab.com
    Good luck to DWS. But I'll turn my attention to FSL3D, Titan, Autodesk, Form 1. Very pricey.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    Um... So just under $7000 US...
    Well, I wish them luck competing with the Stratasys Objet line at that price point.
    The cheapest Stratasys Objet starts just below $20,000 I think.

The DWS is the first affordable SLA printer (with a decent build volume) built by a company which has a proper history in professional 3D printing.

If the results (reliability/accuracy/resin performance/software/support etc.) are anything like what can be achieved with their professional range, then this should be a winner.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    The cheapest Stratasys Objet starts just below $20,000 I think.
    A while ago, I got a quote on an Objet 24 for around $8000... Granted it's the lowest end of the line, with the Objet Connex printers (the ones that get all the press these days) being above $20,000. It's pretty easy with the Connex segment of the line taking all the spotlight that the much much cheaper Objet Eden and original Objet line get forgotten. The Objet 24 might not have as good a resolution as the XFab is claiming, but it has a slightly bigger build volume. Regardless of the specs, businesses that are looking at printers in this price range will be looking for manufacturer reputation.

Granted, these were quotes from a reseller, and were from about six months ago. They were so far out of my budget that I've not even kept the documents. I'll stand by the statement that DWS is going to be looked at next to Stratasys at the prices they're asking, and I wish them luck with that.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    A while ago, I got a quote on an Objet 24 for around $8000... Granted it's the lowest end of the line, with the Objet Connex printers (the ones that get all the press these days) being above $20,000. It's pretty easy with the Connex segment of the line taking all the spotlight that the much much cheaper Objet Eden and original Objet line get forgotten. The Objet 24 might not have as good a resolution as the XFab is claiming, but it has a slightly bigger build volume. Regardless of the specs, businesses that are looking at printers in this price range will be looking for manufacturer reputation.

Granted, these were quotes from a reseller, and were from about six months ago. They were so far out of my budget that I've not even kept the documents. I'll stand by the statement that DWS is going to be looked at next to Stratasys at the prices they're asking, and I wish them luck with that.
    If you can still get that price I would pick it up. Last retail price I have on the Objet 24 is is $19,900. By memory, the connex start at over $50k.

What is wrong with DWS' reputation? They are nowhere near as big as Stratasys but they have been around for many years and they sell a complete range (10+, going up to $100k's) of SLA printers. They aren't a start-up company like Form 1, B9, Titan etc.

I've never had any first hand experience with using their printers, but their example models at shows, for me, are the best quality of any company. Whether there cheaper printer will live up to the same standards I don't know.

My big problem with this flurry of cheaper SLA/DLP printers is that nobody seems to have made one that 'just works' yet. They aren't complicated machines, but they all in some way or another suffer from inaccuracy, unreliability, poor warranty, poor customer service, poor quality resin, bad software, bad resin etc. I'm really hoping DWS gets it right and can start kicking everybody else into gear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12