Close

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Simplify3d & Firmware Question

So I've still got the original Flashforge Creator firmware (7.3 ? or 1 depends on where you look in the settings) and I have real problems with simplify3d and my right extruder.

The left extruder works fine, with individual left, dual and the right extruder profile. No issues at all.
    The right extruder - which works fine from makerware - just doesn't like s3d at all.

Using the right extruder profile nothing prints. Head heats up and then it all just stops.
    If I use the dual extruder profile, right head will print but not heat. You can sort of get round it with a preheat - but it still randomly starts to cool down.

So I'm thinking could this be a firmware issue ?

I haven't yet updated the firmware, as I've not had any other problems. And the adage: 'not broke don't fix' Is pretty fundamental when it comes to computer based machines.
    So questions:

1) is anyone else having right extruder issues with stock firmware and s3d
    2) Has anyone updated the firmware and not having any issues with s3d
    3) is anyone else having problems with s3d and right extruder regardless of firmware number ?

Machine is the basic creator.

Technician
    You should be able to upgrade. I hjabe 7.6 and 7.7 on my FF creator pro and no problem with simplify3d. I do mostly dual stuff. The preloaded profiles should set all basic parameters.

lol yeah they should. But they don't :-)

As soon as I get the knp machine I'll start playing with the flashforge.

Technician
    whats the eta on your knp?

no idea. They said they'd post it asap, also said they'd look into getting it vat free.

That's all I know :-)
    I have cleared a corner of my workshop. So I can clear the fridge.
    Now it's just a waiting game.

Technician
    vat free would be a nice bonus, most of the time shipping isn't included with prizes.......and if I haven't said so, congrats to you and all of the other winners!

I am using s3d with a Flashforge OEM (Powerspec 3d Pro) and recall some problems with getting my left extruder up to temperature. Still have not understood how the profiles add up in s3d, but just checked temperature tab to try to recall what I did. IIRC I had to set a temperature point for layer 1 to get it up to temperature (for each extruder). Something else to check on the Temp tab - is the temp sensor for the right extruder T0 and the temp sensor for the left extruder T1 ? I think I messed them up at some point while trying to get s3d setup and was using the T0 sensor for my left extruder.

I can't check the firmware ver right now. HTH

temps aren't an issue. It gets up to temp, goes bingly bingly beep, and then just sits there doing bugger all - doesn't even spit out filament.
    With the same profile I tell, it to use left head - works fine.

It's very odd.