Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Your Bed relay is wired incorrectly. In the 4th pic down you have the two wires from your heated bed going into the bottom green disconnect. I am assuming then that the power from your power supply was hooked up the top two. As soon as you fire it up it will short out (I think). You need to have The red (+) from your power supply go into the top labeled IN and the negative (-) from your power supply go into the top of the bottom green disconnect. You will then plug one of the two wires from your heated bed into the bottom spot in the top green disconnect (out). The remaining wire from your heated bed goes into the open spot in the bottom green disconnect.

While I am not 100% sure that is the problem, it is a problem. It could be that when you fire up the board and that relay opens it shorts through the board and burns it up. I don't want to test mine to find out! Heres how i have mine...

Also, pull the empty pins out of the endstop plugs by pulling the tab up and letting the pin fall out. Not that it makes a difference but it can't hurt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follow stridera On Twitter
    Oh, I know the bed was incorrect. It wasn't actually wired up at all. (No power going to it. It was just both wires from the heater bed going into it, so when it was turned on nothing would have happened.)

I was well aware of that and told Colin such.

Also, this was the first board.

Second board I didn't have it hooked up at all. It wasn't hooked up to the relay/bed at all. Same thing happened.

Engineer-in-Training
    Have you resolved this? I recently order the 12" with Rumba so I want to make sure I don't fry my board.

I think he's still waiting on another board.

I received my replacement board and I've been printing all weekend. I'm afraid to hook it up to my computer though. I did hook it up to my laptop (running on battery and not connected to the wall) and that worked. I'm thinking of getting a raspberry pi and hooking it up to the same power rail as the printer and just controlling it using that.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am in no means an expert as I have not received my printer yet, but I did notice in the manual for Rumba it says to not use a USB hub. So that may be where the issue lies, like it was mentioned above.

Interesting. I didn't see a manual for it. (I just used the manual from makerfarm which never mentioned it.) I guess it would have been wise to take a look first. It's printing now, granted using memory card only. But it works at least.

I think my raspberry pi idea will work as well and that will be enough for me.

Engineer-in-Training
    https://drive.google.com/a/overclock...ZWOXN1UVU/view

Starting on Page 61 it describes the Rumba board. It has a lot of info about updating firmware and such, this may help you in the future.

Oh wow. That's new. (The pdf file I have download only has 59 pages and ends at the endstop troubleshooting.)

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll read through it now.

(Edit: It was updated last week when I contacted him about it. I'm guessing this was added due to my issue.
    Last edited by stridera; 03-16-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stridera View Post
    Oh wow. That's new. (The pdf file I have download only has 59 pages and ends at the endstop troubleshooting.)

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll read through it now.
    Its not a problem! Luckily I have been sick the last 4-5 days so I have been home from work and spent the entire time reading everything I could on the forum before I get my printer.

If you figure it out, please post on here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast