Close

Missing axis sensor metal actuator...any suggestions?

I just received my Creator Pro yesterday. When I attempted to level the bed, the extruder carriage moved to the rear-right, began clicking, and would not stop until I killed the power or cancelled the print job. After a bit of troubleshooting I noticed that the axis sensor was missing the piece of metal that actuates the switch, which was present on the other sensors. Does anyone know what I might be able to use while I wait for a new sensor to arrive?

The sensor in question

A Normal Sensor

This is my first 3D printer, so I'm really exited to get it running, but this missing piece of metal is the only thing holding me back right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Hi
    I just got a printer yesterday also. Guess what? The actuator arm on my x endstop was broken off. The only thing that you can do is email support for a replacement. Mine is already on the way.
    If this is a problem you can buy one from flash forge-USA website for $6. BTW The same part is used for x,y, and z endstops
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by sasabs View Post
    Hi
    I just got a printer yesterday also. Guess what? The actuator arm on my x endstop was broken off. The only thing that you can do is email support for a replacement. Mine is already on the way.
    If this is a problem you can buy one from flash forge-USA website for $6. BTW The same part is used for x,y, and z endstops
    Hope this helps
    Thanks for the info. I actually ordered a couple of the axis sensors along with a few other replacement parts from their site last night. I figured if I'm already paying for shipping, I may as well have some spare parts on hand for the future.

Technician
    Super Cool. Enjoy!

Technician
    Seems a worrying trend on recent printers:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...eak-z-position!

Strongly suspect that one is missing a Z stop too.