Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

If you were buying multiple printers...

What printer would you be going for? I am looking for some opinion's on this because I'm hoping if all goes well with my little business venture, I will be looking to get 5-10 more printer's. Currently use the Flashforge creator pro, love it, but they are too expensive to buy multiple of these. I am considering the Powerspec 3D pro clone's of it, for $800 a printer, which is reasonable.

What would you do? I really dont need the Dual extrusion on them all. The one I got is fine. I don't know much about the Delta printer's, would those be a better option for around the same price for the speed difference? Although I mostly print in ABS. The main goal I will be going for is nice looking print's with decent speed. I see those Delta's are able to print pretty fast. but Not sure how that will go with ABS print's either.

So, basically if you were going to buy 5+ printer's to print thing's out a lot, what would you be looking at?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's all down to budget.
    Deltas will print things and in ways that cartesian (possibly lol) machines can't.
    Plus they'll use just about any software. Including a piece of software that allows you to have curved layers.

So it's really a combination of budget and usage.
    What weill you be mostly printing ?

I'd grab the Powerspec, just because of the price and the fact that they seem to hold up as good as any. Then remove the second extruder and wiring from each. This way I'd reduce the weight of the head and have a ton of spares for down the road. Honestly, I can count on the thumb of one hand the time I've needed (or used) dual extrusion. This is, presuming of course, that you aren't looking to print anything larger...

Engineer
    Nope larger will be a thing I will hopefully get into later down the road. I'm just looking for printer's as good and reliable as the FF Creator Pro. I threw Delta out there only because I have seen videos of how fast they can print. Faster printer is always a good thing. I will be mainly using them to print out thingidoo's and model's and such, just for people who want to order thing's. I currently am doing fine with 1 printer, but I am expanding in a few way's and am looking for information for when I do start getting the need for them.

The Powerspec 3d Pro is a top contender for price and quality (if it is as good as the FF Creator pro) and yeah, it would have extra part's and extruder's. What other printer's below the $800 range are good enough to print as equally to this, that maybe only come with a single extruder? I guess the main point's that I will need on each one are a heated build plate, encased (or possible just make enclosure's for them)

ive heard really good things about the printrbot simple metal. i think its 599 or so... Ive heard VERY good things about it

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    ive heard really good things about the printrbot simple metal. i think its 599 or so... Ive heard VERY good things about it
    Look's decent, the spec's I just checked said it doesn't have a heated bed, and it's a bit smaller than the Powerspec 3D Pro also which is $200 more. Prolly worth the extra $200 IMO. Encased already, extra extruder/nozzle, heated plate.

Student
    It's more expensive, not less, but I'd get an SLA printer like the Form Labs for its incredible super fine resolution. If you're getting many you would need one of those for sure. I know I want one. Flashforge is supposed to be coming out with an SLA printer soon. Ok, back to the budget minded ones.... so long as the print volume is enough I'd get a Printrbot. I've never had one but they have a big following. I'd stay away from proprietary spools at all costs personally

Hello,

You can contact at ateindia.com for this. check and contact now it will help you.

Printing Machines
    Flexo Printing Machine
    Fabric Printing Machine

So the creator Pro is $1200, the Powerspec only $800. That's a huge difference. I doubt the cheaper one will be as good as the more expensive one.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    So the creator Pro is $1200, the Powerspec only $800. That's a huge difference. I doubt the cheaper one will be as good as the more expensive one.
    The Creator pro was $1350 when I posted this.

And from as far as I can tell from anyone who has used both, they are basically the same printers. Here is another forum post talking about how they are basically the same exact printer, maybe with a bit of a weaker power supply, but that could also be upgraded for waaaay less then the difference in price printer's.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...werSpec-3d-Pro

I would still go with the Powerspec pro and save myself $400 If I would have bought a Powerspec in the first place, and another printer like I plan on, the price difference literally would have been buy 2 get 1 free with Powerspec.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast