Close

FlashPrint Model Disappears

I am using FlashPrint with the Dreamer and the default slic3r. Sometimes I am trying to set it up to print and I get a slicing progress bar that looks like it is doing something. But when it gets to 100%, the model disappears. I get a window with an estimated build time of 0 minutes and buttons for "print" and "back". If I click on "print", nothing happens. If I click on "back" the model reappears and it looks normal. I have had some success by turning off the Dreamer, exiting FlashPrint, and starting over with loading STL files.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Student
    I suspect the stl file has defects. Try checking it with netfabb. I have seen this behavior when trying to create very thin or short structures. Also try the other slicers although the ffslicer and skeinforge seem to generally have more problems.
    Graham

I was very frustrated today with a certain print. I had reduced a thickness to 0.1 inch or 2.54 mm. I tried it about 10 times and it finally worked. I don't know what was different, but the STL files were the same. I tried skeinforge and got a "something went wrong error".

I will try the netfabb check.

Netfabb says the STL files are good.

Now that I think about it, the model does have some thin features where one color blends into the other.