Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Martha Stewart Tours a bunch of 3D Printers at CES - VIDEO

This is a pretty long video. Starting at around the 8 minute mark is when we start seeing the 3D Printers. Lot's of good information and new products (thanks to techcrunch.com).

Engineer
    I watched the whole thing. It's a little funny to watch Martha Stewart talk about tech. She clearly knows what she wants, but doesn't seem all that knowledgeable about 3D Printing. You would think someone in her position would know a little bit more about it. I think the fact that she is looking for a printer for her office shows that business's across the world are really starting to transition to additive manufacturing.

Technician
    I really enjoyed the demonstration of the 3Doodler at about the 26:00 mark. Looks really cool.

I'd love to see a video of all the 3D Printers at CES. I think there are over a dozen. I wish they could have focused a bit more on the unknown manufacturers there. There are some really great printers from companies that most of us haven't heard of YET.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    I really enjoyed the demonstration of the 3Doodler at about the 26:00 mark. Looks really cool.
    I don't think Martha enjoyed it too much LOL. The 3Doodler looks like a cool little manual printer, but in reality it is nothing more than a glue gun that melts PLA or ABS. A modified glue gun could do the same thing. I admit though, at $99, it's not a bad price.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    There were well over a dozen, closer to 30. Not very many were actually printing at the show, though.