Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Print Speeds

Print Speeds

Just playing with my print settings, including speed as my printer extruder keeps jamming 3\4 way through each print.

Does anyone have any recommendations for speed vs resolution - I'm currently printing at 0.1mm at 1800mm per minute and wondered how that compared to others

Cheers Graham

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    That will probably depend on the type of printer and print head you are using.

I print .1mm at 1800mm/min regularly.

I don't go faster than that, because we move a lot of mass around in the X and Y.

Student
    Speed isn't everything. I noticed that when I put acceleration and jerk higher, I get shorter printing times, with the same speed-settings !
    Instead of lowering your print speed, I would start with lowering these 2 settings.

I agree, I'd have to be careful with the speed settings. My 3d printer isn't the best though so this is why I hesitate on experimenting with it. I only use what's the recommended settings.

Engineer
    What is your nozzle size and does your hotend have some cooler to evacuate the heat that goes upward?

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    What is your nozzle size and does your hotend have some cooler to evacuate the heat that goes upward?
    0.4mm nozzle and a 40mm fan with adaptor pointing at the hex metal fins.

Engineer
    Are you using some cheap chinese brand filament by any chance?

Because your current hardware and software settings should handle it fine. I have the same set up and able to run it faster (Ultimaker 1 modded)

Are you using some cheap chinese brand filament by any chance?

Because your current hardware and software settings should handle it fine. I have the same set up and able to run it faster (Ultimaker 1 modded)
    I'm using the following :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2313403873...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Perhaps I need to spend a bit more ?

Engineer
    Oh god....

Yes, you may need to spend more on the filament. Also, I am curious about that 99.9% positive feedback, is it the review of the seller or actually the filament. I never deal with ebay or online stuff which is why I ask.

That being said, yes, spent more on reliable filament and colour can change dramatically the print. I tried the following filaments from Affinia, ColorFabb and Reprapper, they all work fine. I do have trouble printing clear ABS from 3dSupply world (cheap material) and it was quite a pain to print.

Oh god....

Yes, you may need to spend more on the filament. Also, I am curious about that 99.9% positive feedback, is it the review of the seller or actually the filament. I never deal with ebay or online stuff which is why I ask.

That being said, yes, spent more on reliable filament and colour can change dramatically the print. I tried the following filaments from Affinia, ColorFabb and Reprapper, they all work fine. I do have trouble printing clear ABS from 3dSupply world (cheap material) and it was quite a pain to print.
    To be honest I did look at the sellers feedback and was swayed by the 99.9.
    What colour do you find works best for you - I tend to mainly use black or blue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast