Close

Lung X Lung's 3D Printed Shoes

Lung x Lung Design, co-founded by Min-Chieh Chen, has recently added to the realm of 3D printed shoes. 3D printing adds customization, and Chen's design has really added another dimension of personalization to this area. This 3D printed shoe features interchangeable heels to allow for women to customize their shoes throughout the day. For example, a woman could wear low-heeled shoes for the workday and swap out for more formal higher heels for the evening. For more details on their construction and Chen's iterative process, check out the full article: http://3dprint.com/47574/3d-printed-shoes-3/

Below is a photo of Lung x Lung Design's shoes:

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    I see a bright future in "instant" shoe manufacturing - when every home has a 3D printer which can handle a variety of materials and colours simultaneously. When a woman can select from a catalog of styles and match the colours to her outfits, then you'll see this application take off.

In the meantime, expect a lukewarm reception - from the girls anyway.

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    This is the kind of 3D printing I'd love for shoes, at least early on in this kind of application... I'm taller than most women, so choosing the right heel height can be a challenge. It would also be so nice to have the option to swap that out for different events. Maybe just having the heel be 3D printed, rather than the whole shoe -- at least in the more immediate future. When 3D printing for shoes really takes off, there's some major potential!